EMPLOYER: The Portia Learning Centre
We are seeking Instructor Therapists to join our team! We have three different clinics in the Ottawa area.
You will be joining our collaborative and enthusiastic interdisciplinary team which includes Board Certified Behavior Analysts, Board Certified Behavior Analyst Assistants, Speech and Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and a Psychologist.
The position entails delivering intervention based on the principles of ABA, working one-on-one with children and/or youth with autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) or other developmental disabilities. The sessions will focus on teaching a multitude of skills (e.g., cognitive, self-help, play, communication, social, etc) that are specific to each learner and range across a variety of developmental domains.
Frequent data collection will be taken of the learner's skill acquisition in order to monitor the learner's progress. Programs will be developed and written by Board Certified Behavior Analysts and implemented under their supervision.
- Full time positions :Monday to Friday (approximately 32.5 hours per week)
- 70 hours of mandatory initial training provided
- Part time positions require a minimum of 15 hours per week with full shifts from 8:30am-12:00pm or from 1:00pm – 4:30pm.
- Locations: Kanata, Ottawa Central and Ottawa East in center or in home.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide direct therapy in 1:1 and group settings utilizing a combination of intensive teaching and natural environment training arrangements.
- Follow the prescribed behavioral protocols.
- Follows teaching procedures and records data on observable client behavior.
- Assist with parent and caregiver training.
- Effectively communicate with parents and caregivers.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work and therapy environment.
START DATE: 09/01/2021