EMPLOYER: Town of Arnprior
The Town of Arnprior is currently recruiting a Client Services Administrative Assistant for a Fixed-Term of six (6) months, with the possibility of extension. Reporting to the Deputy Clerk and supporting the Town Clerk’s office, Public Works department and Community Services Branch.
The Client Services Administrative Assistant will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Provide client service to the public by assisting with general questions pertaining to by-law enforcement, enquiries about parking tickets, assisting with marriage licenses, and pet registration;
- Ensure guests are signed in and out of Town Hall to assist in ensuring building security is maintained;
- Support coordination of meeting arrangements including booking venues/rooms, and distribution of documents;
- Dispatch information to Public Works personnel for emergency and routine maintenance, prepare work orders, and track all concerns and enquiries received and actioned in the client management system;
- Assist with cemetery administration concerning purchases by providing information and guidance on plot locations and the cemetery by-law. Liaise with external associates such as Funeral Directors and cemetery caretakers, coordinate locations for placement of monuments, and maintain accurate records using various software applications;
- Maintain accurate filing and record management systems, order office supplies and assist with the maintenance of office equipment (service calls), plus process outgoing and incoming correspondence; and
The successful candidate will have as a minimum the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary school diploma in Office Administration
- Minimum of six (6) months experience working in an administrative capacity
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills along with proficiency in the MS Office Suite are required for this position.
- Knowledge working in a municipal environment and with cemetery administration are considered an asset.
START DATE: 10/01/2021