EMPLOYER: Employment + Education Centre
Survey Field Assistant / Instrument Person
IN Engineering + Surveying has an opening for a full-time Survey Field Assistant / Instrument Person to join our team.
Who We Are
IN Engineering + Surveying is a multi-disciplinary professional firm offering state of the art services by integrating Surveying, Planning, Engineering and Architectural Design. We specialize in residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional construction and development projects—whether large or small.
A vibrant and modern company, IN Engineering + Surveying also stands on decades of experience and reliability. We recently acquired Collett Surveying Ltd., who provided surveying services for 35 years and can trace its history back to 1881. We seek to engage with our community through excellent service, volunteering, and contribution.
Our vision is to lead our industries into the future by leveraging the latest technologies including GPS, 3D scanning and modelling, drone surveys, and augmented and virtual reality. We will continue to offer quality land surveying services as we expand into a multi-disciplinary team of engineers.
Where We Are
IN Engineering + Surveying is centrally located in Brockville, Ontario, to provide services to Eastern Ontario—including Kingston, Ottawa, Cornwall, Perth, Smiths Falls, and Kemptville.
Who We Need
Working under the direct supervision of a Survey Field Team Lead and an Ontario Land Surveyor, the ideal candidate shall manage the following responsibilities:
• Operate survey equipment including Total Stations, GPS survey instruments, data collectors, 3D laser scanners, etc.
• Assist the Survey Field Team lead with data preparation, measurements, and calculations.
• Keep records, measurements, and other survey information in systematic order.
• Assist in the calculation, analysis, and computation of measurements obtained during field surveys.
• Reading and interpreting survey site plans and maps
• Assisting in the preparation of field notes and sketches
• Maintaining field equipment and vehicles
• Completing field data downloads and uploads
• Adhere to company Health & Safety Policies
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements • Strong mathematical knowledge • Great attention to detail • Good communication skills • Strong work ethic and the ability to work under pressure • Experience operating total stations, GPS, and data collectors is a strong asset. • Holds a valid driver’s licence • High School Diploma. • College, CET or Survey Technician Certificate preferred. • Ability to work outside in varied weather and terrain conditions, carry equipment. • General ability with computers and software. • Some knowledge of both AutoCad and Microstation software will be an asset.
What to Do Next
Interested in joining our team?
1. Send your resume to email@example.com
START DATE: 09/01/2021