EMPLOYER: Advanced Building Innovation Company (ABIC)
ABIC is part of the Caivan Communities Group of Companies; an Ottawa-based land development and home building company currently developing over 45 active low, medium and high rise projects across Ottawa and the Greater Toronto Area.
Grit: A team who perseveres, is resilient and has the stamina and courage to commit to the win.
Integrity: We make promises thoughtfully and deliberately and then follow through.
Curiosity: We never stop asking questions or challenging ourselves. We have an unquenchable thirst to learn, improve and solve problems innovatively.
Strategic: We look around corners and proactively identify potential obstacles. We think critically and make calculated decisions
We are seeking Labourers to join our growing ABIC Team. This role is responsible to assist in the structural framing of residential homes. The Labouer maintains a productive build time and clean work site.
- Assist in the structural framing of residential homes
- Complete the strapping on houses 1st, 2nd, and basement living areas
- Construction of drops, bulk heads, stud straightening, finished basements and stairs
- Review and follow working drawings
- Building frost walls and basement bulk headers
- Conducts work safety and adheres to safety protocols
- Maintain a clean workplace at the end of the day.
Your will bring:
- No formal education is required although any training related to construction skills would be an asset.
- Experience in residential building, construction, labour or related field.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Safety certification in Working at Heights, WHMIS.
- Experience dealing with tools and machinery.
- Good organizational skills with ability to get things done according to timelines.
- Good communication skills.
- Must have the ability to perform physically challenging work.
- Motivated to work hard and be a contributing team member.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize
Labourer is a strenuous and physically demanding position. All Labourers must be capable of bending and lifting heavy materials and have the ability to work in all weather conditions.
We review and assess all applications and will contact candidates whose background and experience most closely fit the needs of the position. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.
START DATE: 09/03/2021