EMPLOYER: Morguard Investments Limited
Morguard is looking for a Senior Building Operator to join our team on a contract basis for 6 months!
The Senior Building Operator is accountable to Supervisor, Operations for performing and overseeing daily routine preventative and ad-hoc maintenance and client service activities pertaining to an assigned building in a timely and cost-efficient manner to ensure uninterrupted performance of all building systems and programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Building Maintenance
Performs and oversees routine, preventative and ad-hoc maintenance and schedule programming of all building and site equipment (incl. fire, life, safety and emergency systems, HVAC, energy, security and video surveillance systems and ground-keeping equipment) and structural components of the building to ensure the property adheres to the company standard policies & procedures; serves as an on-site point of contact for government and industry authorities conducting inspections and reviews of the property.
- Operating Expenses
Raises and processes Purchase Orders and payments against third-party invoices pertaining to building maintenance; ensures operating expenses are incurred in accordance with the approved budget by maintaining cost-effective operations.
- Life, Safety and Emergency Systems
Ensures all building life, safety and emergency systems are maintained: including the routine fire alarm tests and fire warden meetings and compliance with all Health and Safety, Risk Management and environmental policies and procedures as they relate to the property; responsible for log keeping related to building general as well as life and safety systems.
- Tenant Services
Performs and oversees tenant repairs and service requests to ensure that such services are provided in timely manner to full tenants’ satisfaction and ensuring that company policies & procedures are adhered to.
- Construction Projects
Supervises contractors working on-site; assists with various construction projects, coordinates receipts of quotes from various third-party service providers, if required.
- General Maintenance
Supervises cleaning activities, where required. At some properties, may assist with maintenance of vacant space.
- Oversight of Site Staff
Is responsible for daily scheduling and on-the-job training of maintenance staff.
Any other job related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in building operations or related trades
- Working knowledge of Blackberry, computerized systems and operations specific software.
- Excellent technical trouble-shooting and problem solving skills
- Client service skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to develop staff and deliver effective on-the-job training
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Prior exposure to Business Automation/Energy management Systems and other operating systems of a property is an asset
- Solid knowledge of WHMIS requirements is an asset
- Valid Driver’s License is an asset
- Prior supervisory experience is an asset.
“Apply here: https://elty.fa.ca3.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/requisitions/preview/375/?keyword=375 “
START DATE: 10/01/2021