EMPLOYER: Ottawa Catholic School Board
Unite Here Local 272
Why Work With The Ottawa Catholic School Board: The Ottawa Catholic School Board (OCSB) is located in Ottawa, Ontario. As Canada’s capital city, Ottawa ranks among the world's most desirable cities to call home. We have a small-town feel with a big-city presence with a population of just over a million people.
The OCSB proudly serves over 45,000 students in 84 schools. We offer an education that respects all faiths' universal values and is grounded in Catholic principles. We foster innovation to inspire Deep Learning so that all can realize their full potential. We offer a collaborative work environment, fulfilling careers, and the opportunity to make a difference in our students' lives. The OCSB adheres to equitable hiring, employment and promotion practices and is committed to an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of our students. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, persons with disabilities, people from gender diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities, as well as others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
The Ottawa Catholic School Board acknowledges that the land on which our schools are located is the traditional unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishnabek Peoples. We extend our respect to all First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples for their valuable past and present contributions to this land.
- performs cleaning and general maintenance of school interior/exterior, in accordance with established standards;
- performs daily routine security and safety checks;
- performs other duties, as assigned.
- Required Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- some secondary school education where the ability to read and write has been developed;
- one year of related work experience;
- basic knowledge of mechanical systems;
- knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and its regulations;
- ability to work independently, performing physically strenuous work;
- own personal vehicle will be required.
- Casual Caretakers work on-call and must be available days, evenings, and Saturdays at various school locations.
- Rate of $17.00/hour plus 4% in lieu of vacation.
How to apply:
- Applicants are invited to forward a resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please enter “Casual Caretaker Application” in the subject line of your email application.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, you will receive an email including the interview date/time, location and process details.
At the completion of a successful interview, you will be required to provide an Original Police Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector dated within the last 6 months.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, (AODA), if you require accommodations at any time throughout the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department 613-224-4455 ext. 2420 or via email at email@example.com prior to the posting closing date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
START DATE: Immediate