EMPLOYER: Ottawa Catholic School Board
Attendance Social Worker - Term Contract part-time 20hours/week
Under the direction of the Chief Social Worker and working as part of a multidisciplinary team, the Attendance Social Worker is responsible for providing counseling and intervention strategies to address barriers to positive school attendance e.g. mental health, poverty issues, family issues, equity issues, housing, to name a few. Engagement with both parents and students, liaising with community agencies, working with school staff and performing other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Master of Social Work Degree
- Member of the Ontario College of Social Workers
- Six years of related experience
- Comfortable with the use of technology and proficiency with various software including but not limited to Google Suite (Email, Forms, Sheets, Docs)
- Excellent judgment and analytical ability
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Familiarity or experience within an educational setting would be considered an asset
- Experience working with racialized youth and their families would be beneficial
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle will be required
The successful candidate will be required to comply with the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy Staff and Visitor COVID-19 Mandatory Testing and Vaccination Policy for the health and safety of students, staff and the broader school board community.
How to Apply:
Applicants are required to complete the application form beside the job number and attach a cover letter and resume in pdf format, by 5:00 pm on October 21, 2021. Apply Now
START DATE: 11/01/2021