EMPLOYER: Artaflex Ottawa Inc.
Performs routine assembly tasks independently for Artaflex Inc.
- Assembles cable harness and electro mechanical products independently soldering, crimping, loading, stripping, harnessing, cutting, lacing and bagging
- Prepares the components and assembles according to standards
- Checks documentation prior to production and obtains parts
- Inspects/tests crimping products prior to loading
- Installs proper hardware, if required, in order to assemble products
- Packages assemblies preparing boxes, wrapping, labelling and forwarding to shipping for distribution
- Maintains work area cleaning and organizing on a regular basis
- Makes few decisions as detailed instructions are provided on all work and refers decisions or questions outside the scope of detailed documented routines and procedures to Lead Hand
- Complies with the company’s vision, fundamentals, policies and procedures
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management
- Secondary school completion and a minimum of one year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic knowledge of electronics components and production including industry technical standards (IPC), related machinery/tools
- Ability to perform hand soldering
- Ability to apply knowledge of the company’s business and customers as well as corporate policies and procedures
- Basic communication skills to deal effectively with management and employees in own and other departments, engaging in routine exchanges of information
- Ability to operate coax machine, hand tools modular phone plug crimper, solder sleeve machine, heat shrink gun and cutter, etc. which includes prolonged repetitive motions requiring manual dexterity and precise hand/eye coordination
- Works on assignments and resolves problems that are routine in nature
- Extended periods of sustained visual/mental concentration and attentiveness using sight, hearing, touch, to read/understand procedures, solder components, complete assemblies involving harnessing, cutting of wires, etc
- Requires sitting and/or standing in defined workspaces for extended periods of time with physical effort to rearrange racks of completed assemblies
- Works in a manufacturing environment with exposure to shift work, deadlines, multiple demands and distractions/interruptions and regular exposure to elements such as noise, dust etc
- Some exposure to hazards such as chemicals, operating machinery, etc.
START DATE: 06/11/2021