EMPLOYER: SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care)
Start an exciting new career with SE Health! Earn your HSW certification with SE Career College of Health’s HSW program!
No experience required!
Investing in You so Together We can Help People in Need
Ask about our bonuses!
SE Health is excited to offer this new sponsored training program in collaboration with SE Career College of Health, to provide a new generation of passionate HSWs with the skills they need to help people in our communities.
Are you someone who wants to put their energy and passion for life towards caring for others? We are seeking committed, compassionate people who can multi-task to meet a variety of challenges.
This training program has been designed to provide you with all of the knowledge and skills you need to be successful.
This training program includes the following:
- Four (4) weeks of PAID HSW Training: Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. First 3 weeks is virtual and 1 week practical
- Activities of personal care
- Household management
- General support
- Candidates who successfully complete the 4 weeks HSW paid training program, will be offered work as a Home Support Worker within our health care team upon graduation
Who You Are:
- Caring and compassionate
- Calm under pressure
- A strong communicator (written and verbal)
- Friendly and collaborative
- Comfortable taking direction and working independently
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and agility within a changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to recognize safety concerns
- Ability to travel and attend meetings to support the needs of the patient
- Having a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is mandatory
- Having a standard First Aid and level C CPR certificate within 4 months of start date
- Proof of updated required Immunizations MMR, Varicella/Zosters, HepB, Tetanus and a negative Tuberculosis test (within 10 years)
- Must have a clear police check and vulnerable sector check (Upon Job Offer)
About SE Health:
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
START DATE: 11/26/2021