EMPLOYER: Town of Arnprior
The Town of Arnprior is strategically located along the four-lane Trans Canada Highway just past the Ottawa border and is the first major stop in the Ottawa Valley. We offer the conveniences of an urban town with the beauty of nature that comes with being Where the Rivers Meet. If you are interested in working with a dynamic team and like to help make a difference in supporting the community, we encourage you to apply for the Aquatic and Facility Services Supervisor position for which we are currently recruiting.
Reporting to the Director of Recreation the Aquatic and Facility Services Supervisor will be a key member of the team by overseeing the service delivery of aquatic programming and facilities services. This position will assist the Director of Recreation with planning, preparation, and compliance of maintenance and operating budgets.
Working in one of the fastest growing municipalities, the Aquatic and Facility Services Supervisor will play a vital role advancing aquatic and facility services to meet the needs of the growing community.
The primary responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to)the following:
- Provide direct supervision and guidance to the aquatic staff and volunteers.
- Oversee the service delivery of aquatic programs and activities at the Nick Smith Centre and town beaches
- Oversee facility service delivery for recreation facilities including but not limited to the Nick Smith Centre, Robert Simpson Park, McLean Ball Diamonds, Sullivan Rink of Dreams, community parks, trails and beaches
- Support facility bookings through the online registration platform.
- In collaboration with the Director of Recreation plan, prepare, and enforce compliance with operating budgets.
- Attend Council or Committee(s) meetings as required.
- Represent the Town of Arnprior and the Recreation Department on committees and advisory groups as directed by the Director of Recreation.
- Investigate Grant opportunities that may be appropriate and prepare funding proposals when required.
- In the absence of the Director of Recreation, required to perform the duties of such position to the capacity that this position allows.
- Perform all other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Some weekend and/or evening work may be required.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of:
- Post-secondary education in Physical Education, Recreation, Sport Management or equivalent.
- Aquatics Supervisor/Management Training.
- Current National Lifeguarding (NL) Certification or willingness to recertify.
- Current Lifesaving Swim Instructor (LSI) Certification or willingness to recertify.
- WHMIS Certification
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR “C”/AED Certification.
- Computer experience in Word, Excel, and Recreation software.
- Ability to obtain a clear Vulnerable Sector Check (Criminal Record Check).
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license.
- Minimum (2) two-year staff supervisory experience and minimum (4) four years experience working within the aquatics field.
- Experience working with a variety of people of all ages, including children, youth, and seniors in an instructional or aquatics setting.
- An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures (for example, Municipal Act and Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act).
- Knowledge of budget preparation principles and financial forecasting.
- Highly organized with a demonstrated ability to prioritize, set schedules, handle multiple projects and competing demands, and meet deadlines.
- Strong program planning and leadership skills.
- Excellent customer service/interpersonal skills and be able to maintain a professional demeanor in stressful/emergency situations.
- Ability to maintain required certification(s) and continue to develop skills and knowledge related to the industry.
START DATE: 12/06/2021