EMPLOYER: Town of Arnprior
The Town of Arnprior is strategically located along the four-lane Trans Canada High way just past the Ottawa border and is the first major stop in the Ottawa Valley. We offer the conveniences of an urban town with the beauty of nature that comes with being Where the Rivers Meet. If you are interested in working with a dynamic team and like to help make a difference in supporting the community, we encourage you to apply for the Program and Events Coordinator position for which we are currently recruiting.
Reporting to the Director of Recreation, the Program and Events Coordinator will champion recreation and community events, helping to create a healthy and vibrant community. The Program and Events Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, planning and implementing recreation, leisure programs and events for the Town.
Working in one of the fastest growing municipalities, the Program and Event Coordinator will play a vital role advancing recreation programming and events to meet the needs of the growing community.
The primary responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Develop, implement, and facilitate recreational programs and special events.
- Evaluates recreational needs and interest in the community, initiates, completes and responds to community and user needs analysis.
- Manage registration for programming and events through the online recreation platform.
- Facilitate annual special events such as Priorpalooza, Canada Day, the Dragon Boat Festival and Recreation and Culture Fairs and explore opportunities for involvement in additional community events.
- Oversees the operation and equipment of the Lending Hub.
- Oversee the duties of Part-Time and Seasonal Program staff.
- Manage public relations and marketing campaigns for programs and events.
- Manage sponsorship and advertising programs for programs and events.
- In collaboration with the Director of Recreation plan, prepare, and enforce compliance with maintenance and operating budgets.
- Attend Council and Committee(s) meetings as required.
- Represent the Town of Arnprior and the Recreation Department on committees and advisory groups as directed by the Director of Recreation.
- Investigate Grant opportunities that may be appropriate and prepare funding proposals when required.
- Perform all other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Some weekend and/or evening work may be required.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of:
- Post-secondary education in Physical Education, Recreation, Sport Management or equivalent
- Current First Aid and CPR-AED Certification or willingness to complete
- Ability to obtain a clear Vulnerable Sector Check (Criminal Record Check)
- Valid ‘G’ driver’s license
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a program and event management setting
- Experience and demonstrated understanding of all aspects of programming and special events including but not limited to administration, advertising, grant/funding applications and sponsorships.
- Experience in community development through the facilitation of outreach programs and special events related to recreation.
- Experience working with children and youth in an instructional or recreational setting.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures (for example, Municipal Act and Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act).
- Functional ability to work with various computer software programs including Microsoft Outlook, Office, etc.
- Knowledge of budget preparation principles and financial forecasting. Working familiarity of aquatic fitness programs.
- Highly organized with a demonstrated ability to prioritize, set schedules, handle multiple projects and competing demands, and meet deadlines.
- Capable of demonstrating strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to develop and monitor budgets, and expenditures to ensure programs do not exceed budget authority.
START DATE: 12/06/2021