EMPLOYER: High Tech Genesis
High Tech Genesis is looking for an Embedded Software Developer with telecom experience in designing and developing embedded carrier-grade software.
The candidate will participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including:
- Develop software written in C for L2, 3 Networking features
- Develop automation software coded in Python for Networking features
- Develop software which runs on an embedded Linux platform
- Identify software performance improvements
- Troubleshoot issues and work with hardware, software, and others to root cause and address
- 4+ years’ professional experience working on embedded software
- Good C programming skills
- Skilled in developing in C for Layer 2 and 3 Networking features
- Knowledge of mutual exclusion, synchronization, inter-process communication
- Ability to work in a lab environment and integrate software onto custom hardware
- Proficiency developing software for a Linux and/or VxWorks platform
- Strong experience in implementing, testing, and debugging networking protocols
- Understanding with large-scale embedded software development in C
- Experience in working at the Control Plane Networking layer with Network Protocols such as MPLS, L2VPN, Segment Routing
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit).
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), HTG will provide accommodation accessible formats and communication supports for the interview process upon request.
Note 4: Please submit an MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.
Note 5: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Begin your new career with us today! Apply on-line at: https://jobs.hightechgenesis.com/o/embedded-software-developer-telecom-ottawa
START DATE: Immediate