EMPLOYER: J.D. Barnes Limited
J.D. Barnes Limited, a leader in the surveying, mapping and land information industry, is currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant in our Ottawa division. This Administrative Assistant will report to the Manager and assist with monthly billings, client contact and general office administration.
- General office duties to support management including the preparation of transmittals, invoices and letters, answer telephone calls and greet clients
- Assist with preparation of correspondence, proposals, estimates, reports, etc., as requested
- Monitor and pursue Accounts Receivable
- File all completed job folders and plans accurately.
- Log and forward to head office all receipts and accounts payable invoices
- Prepare file folders for new jobs and enter job details into Timelinx system (Acct/PM system)
- Assist with health and safety records and tracking
- Order office supplies, distribute mail, send and receive parcels by courier
- Regular contact with and coordination of activities with the Manager, Supervisors and staff
- Title searching
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Preferably 2+ years of experience in similar position
- Knowledge of basic Accounting concepts and experience with Project Management, invoicing and Accounting Software (Timelinx) preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Exceptional organizational and Customer Service skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in using an operating plotter and wide format scanner an asset
- Knowledge of Land Registry system, title searching, digital file management and land surveying is an asset
- Self-starter with a professional and positive attitude
Interested candidates are invited to submit an application and résumé through our career page on our website at: https: https://jdbarnes.acquiretm.com/job_details_clean.aspx?id=1354
If accommodations are required during any stage of the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources Department.
We thank all applicants; however only those under consideration will be contacted. No agencies please.
START DATE: 11/30/2021