EMPLOYER: Weeneebayko Area Health Authority
Title: Clinical Manager – OR and FMC
Division: Clinical Services
Site: Weeneebayko Area Health Authority
Reports to: Director of Clinical Operations – WGH and MHC
Status: Permanent Full-time
The Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) is seeking an experienced leader to fill the key role of Clinical Manager.
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) is the leading health care provider on the western James and Hudson Bay coast. WAHA is comprised of hospitals in Moose Factory, Fort Albany, and Attawapiskat, with a Health Centre in Moosonee. WAHA provides regional outpatient programs, as well as paramedic services, in Moose Factory, Moosonee, Fort Albany, Kashechewan, Attawapiskat, and Peawanuck. The span of services, complexity of care needs in the region, and the depth of health integration has made WAHA a leader and a model of health care services in Northern Ontario. WAHA consists of 450 employees, a Physician team, many students, as well as the involvement of vibrant First Nation communities within the region. It is affiliated with Queens University and offers many educational opportunities for current and prospective team members.
Position Profile Requirements
• Experienced professional who can lead, work within, and motivate a team
• Demonstrated critical thinker with ability to think analytically
• Strong ability to identify, create, and implement operational efficiencies
• Proven professional experience who has strong knowledge of nursing practice
• Strong knowledge of First Nations health care and the Western James Bay Coast
• Organizes and controls the operation of the unit so that it performs within budgetary limits and in the most effective and efficient manner in accordance with the annual work plan.
• Supporting team members in their roles and responsibilities
• To manage change in the workplace, shifting roles and responsibilities and being responsive to feedback from customers/patients
• Maintain productivity standards and practices, effective time management, and prioritization of work.
• Complete documentation, accurate statistical data, and reports in a timely manner.
• Knowledge of critical success factors for the delivery for the delivery of primary and emergency care settings where physicians are not always on-site
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing or in progress is required
• Master’s degree or willingness to obtain is considered an asset
• Exceptional leadership and managerial skills
• 2 years experience in a healthcare or unionized workplace
• Ability to communicate in the local native Cree language is an asset
How to apply:
The successful candidate must provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screen Check within a specified time frame Please apply in writing, providing three recent work references, quoting Competition #2021-211 to:
Human Resources Weeneebayko Area Health Authority
P.O. Box 664
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
• Resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 705-658-4917
• For more information contact the HR team by email above
• Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
START DATE: Immediate