EMPLOYER: COMNET NETWORKS AND SECURITY INC.
We are currently looking for Network IoT Technician for all levels to work at our ComNet Networks and Security Inc. office in Ottawa, Ontario
The Network IoT Technicians are responsible for installing, testing, labelling and maintaining various types of network cables.
They work on a variety of communications infrastructure such as fibre optic, coaxial, unshielded twisted pair (UTP), shielded twisted pair (STP) and other types of cable systems. The architecture and types of systems they work on usually transmit voice, image, and data within industrial, commercial, institutional and office complexes.
We ask all applicants to clearly identify related / relevant experience pertaining to the qualifications listed below.
Education & Professional / Technical Knowledge:
- Minimum of 2 years of network cabling experience
- Experience working with various types of cables and conducting network installations following work order, manuals and technical specifications
- Experience cable support (J hook), cable trays and rack installation
- Demonstrated experience with fibre terminations and fusion splicing
- Basic knowledge of applicable provincial and federal laws and regulations
- Experience operating a computer and various software packages
- Experience with ASP safety cards with SIMDT 2015
The right candidate will:
- Strong client relations and customer service skills
- Identify and solve problems
- Communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Exercise considerable judgment and initiative
- Effectively prioritize work requests and manage time
- Be capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Manage multiple tasks and adapt to needed changes
- Good understanding of technical language and be able to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics
- Work with hand tools and small power tools
- Work in small and confined spaces and at heights
What’s in it for you…
- Industry leading wages
- Health and dental insurance
- Sponsored RRSP Program
- Valid driver’s licence with a clean driver’s abstract
- Hold or be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Own tools/equipment including steel-toes safety boots and gloves
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume and cover letter quoting reference Comp#21-014 to email@example.com
NOTE: Only those candidates that meet the specified requirements will be considered for this position. Candidates that do not meet the requirements may be considered for similar opportunities.
ComNet values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and ComNet Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of ComNet’s hiring process.
We appreciate all who apply, however we will only be contacting candidates of interest.
START DATE: 01/04/2022