EMPLOYER: COMNET NETWORKS AND SECURITY INC.
We are currently looking for Systems Security Technician at all levels to work at our ComNet Networks and Security Inc. office in Ottawa, Ontario.
Reporting to the Project Manager the Systems Security Technician assists with the coordination, installation and maintenance of access control, intrusion and video surveillance systems for both software and hardware installations, and the required connectivity.
The incumbent may lead small projects ensuring they are delivered on time. The position may require the incumbent to act as a project lead and may be responsible for directing the work of employees assigned to the project. He/She is also responsible for completing work orders and requests and assisting in troubleshooting problems to make necessary repairs.
Day-to-day duties include…
- Install, service and repair access control security systems, devices and door sensors
- Install and connect access control panels, power supplies and control equipment
- Install, program and service various alarm systems, video surveillance systems (for example, network video recorders (NVRs), video management systems (VMS), analogue and IP cameras)
- Install, service and repair other security technology equipment such as access control, intrusion and alarm software
- Install cabling, including network cabling components, equipment, or systems
- Install cable support (J hook)
- For assigned projects, act as project leader overseeing the work of assigned technicians, provide regular updates to the Project Manager, manage material inventory and complete documentation for project close-out
We ask all applicants to clearly identify related / relevant experience pertaining to the qualifications listed below.
Education & Professional/Technical Knowledge:
- High school diploma and/or technical degree or certificate
- Experience working with security systems including, service and maintenance across a broad spectrum of access control, intrusion and video surveillance systems
- Experience inspecting access control and video surveillance systems
- Experience of systems security systems’ basic configuration
- Demonstrated knowledge of network principles and experience with network installations by studying work order, manuals and technical specifications
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience operating a computer and various software packages
- Certified or able to obtain for at least 2 VMS systems
- Certified or able to obtain for at least 1 access control system
- Trained and certified for at least 1 camera manufacturer
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
The right candidate will:
- Communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Exercise considerable judgment and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively, to follow directions, and to work as part of a team
- Work independently and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt to changes
- Stay abreast of changes in security technology
- Work with hand tools and small power tools
- Work in small and confined spaces and heights
- Be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs
- Good understanding of blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics
- Identify and solve problems
- Effectively lead and plan workdays for crews of 1-4
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively and effectively communicate with public, IT customers, and staff
- Valid driver’s licence with a clean driver’s abstract
- Hold or be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Basic knowledge of applicable provincial and federal laws and regulations
- Experience with safe environment by following codes, standards and legal regulations
- Own tools/equipment including steel-toes safety boots and gloves
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, quoting reference #Comp-21-019.
An eligibility list may be established for similar vacancies.
NOTE: Only those candidates that meet the specified requirements will be considered for this position. Candidates that do not meet the requirements may be considered for similar opportunities.
ComNet values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and ComNet’ Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of ComNets’ hiring process.
We appreciate all who apply, however we will only be contacting candidates of interest.
START DATE: 01/04/2022