EMPLOYER: ASP Food Distributors
NOC Group: 0731 - Managers in transportation
ASP Food Distributors is a food distribution company in Ontario providing food goods for retail stores and restaurants in the region of Ontario and Quebec. ASP Food Distributors is looking for a specialist in transportation for a full-time permanent position to coordinate deliveries for our clients to alleviate the daily workload.
Responsible for timely deliveries to customers by ASP food distribution. In this position, you will be keeping track of transportation operations, and ensuring that all policies, procedures, and safety rules are followed. Receiving and sending orders in and out of the warehouse. The working schedule will be from Tuesday to Thursday mornings 5:30am - 8:30am, evenings 4pm - 7pm, from Friday to Saturday 2pm - 8pm. The candidate should be open to working on Sunday when needed.
- A bachelor's degree in transportation
- Advanced knowledge in programs: SAGE, Microsoft Office, Excel.
- Knowledge in Wegotrade - Client Login System, EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) would be appreciated.
- Managing deliveries from the warehouse to customers through Ontario and Quebec.
- Time management. Manage all aspects of deliveries meeting strict deadlines.
- Teamwork. Excellent communication skills in verbal and writing. Build relationships with drivers, employees, and customers to implement logistical aspects.
- Excellent organizational skills, including multitasking, time management.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with documents.
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate the activities of companies or departments responsible for coordinating, arranging, and monitoring the transportation and movement of goods.
- Sending deliveries from the warehouse. Receiving deliveries to the warehouse. Coordinate with internal staff and drivers.
- Arrange for shipping documentation and oversee the scheduling and dispatching of goods and the tracking and tracing of goods in transit
- Control logistic’s budget of the company. Prepare reports for senior management with invoices, gasoline costs, and road expenses.
- Develop plans and procedures for the transportation and storage of goods. Establish time routes and locations. Create fastest and safer routes for deliveries. Track and monitor the routes.
- Negotiate with carriers, warehouse operators, and insurance company representatives for services and preferential rates
- Problem solving for deliveries. Receiving and loading goods. Resolve problems with deliveries, ensure that the problem has been solved.
- Set operations policies and standards, including determination of safety procedures and ensuring compliance with transport regulations. Checking the track safety.
- Provide open and fluent communication in person, phone, emails, etc.
- Accuracy and attention to detail. Checking the orders for deliveries. Verify documentation, provide documents for drivers and customers.
- Promote and facilitate safe work practices, policies, and procedures.
START DATE: 01/14/2022