EMPLOYER: Communications Security Establishment (CSE)
About the Job
Communications Security Establishment (CSE) is Canada's national cryptologic agency. Unique within Canada's security and intelligence community, CSE employs code-makers, codebreakers, and secure system creators to provide the Government of Canada with information technology security (IT Security) and foreign signals intelligence (SIGINT) services. CSE is the national hub for cyber operations to defend Canada and advance national interests and provides technical and operational assistance to federal law enforcement and security agencies.
CSE`s Human Resource (HR) team is seeking experienced Staffing Advisors to fill multiple current and anticipated vacancies. Ideal candidates are strong communicators who are ready to share their insight when called upon, view their work from a holistic perspective, possess strong analytical skills and enjoy collaborating with other teams. Candidates will be processed at their current level within the Personnel Administration Group (PE) classification (or equivalent).
We offer a dynamic team environment complete with state of the art working facilities and a generous compensation package as well as the possibility to work flexible/variable hours of work while benefitting from a mix of on-site and telework from the National Capital Region.
Salaries range from $83,055 to $104,288 depending on the level.
- UNI-07: $83,055 - $97,710 per year
- UNI-08: $88,645 - $104,288 per year
All jobs are in Ottawa, Ontario. For more information on location, please visit the following link: https://www.cse-cst.gc.ca/en/culture-and-community/life-cse/where-we-work. These locations meet current accessibility standards.
Various language requirements.
Priority may be given to candidates with valid Second Language Evaluation results of BBB/BBB or higher.
Area of selection
Persons employed by the Federal Public Service within the National Capital Region, who currently occupy a substantive position within the PE classification at the PE-03 or above level or, equivalent classification in separate agencies of Schedule V of the Financial Administration Act.
We are currently looking to fill various HR Advisor positions (UNI 07 responsibilities equivalent to a PE-03) and Senior HR Advisors positions (UNI 08 responsibilities equivalent to a PE-04). Candidates will be processed at their current PE classification level.
You must clearly demonstrate in your application how you meet these required qualifications. Please identify your current core classification in your resume/cover letter.
Education - UNI-07 and UNI-08
You must have one (1) of the following:
- Graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution* with acceptable specialization in human resources management, psychology, public or business administration, organizational development, education sciences, social sciences, sociology, or in any other field relevant to the work to be performed.
- An acceptable combination of education (i.e., college diploma, professional certification*) and relevant experience.
*The educational program must be recognized in Canada and you must be able to provide proof of education credentials.
Experience – UNI-07
You must have the following experiences:
- Recent* experience in applying sound Staffing and Recruitment principles, practices, and methodologies.
- Recent* experience in providing options and recommendations to clients in a human resources discipline.
- Recent* experience in interpreting and applying acts, regulations, policies, and/or standards related to a human resources discipline.
*For the purposes of this selection process “Recent” is defined as experience associated with activities which would normally be acquired at the PE-03 level within the last 2 years.
Experience – UNI-08
You must have the following experiences:
- Recent and significant* experience in interpreting and applying Staffing and Recruitment principles, practices, and methodologies.
- Recent and significant* experience in conducting research and analysis in a human resources discipline.
- Recent and significant* experience in providing options and recommendations to clients in a human resources discipline.
- Recent and significant* experience in the application of acts, regulations, policies, and/or standards related to a human resources discipline.
*For the purposes of this selection process “Recent and significant” is defined as experience associated with having performed a broad range of related activities which could normally be acquired at the PE-04 level within the last 2 years.
Technical competencies will not be evaluated as the applicant currently holds a Personnel Administration Group (PE) classification (or equivalent) position in Human Resources.
Effectively plan, organize & manage their time & activities to deliver high quality & efficient performance.
- Cognitive Thinking Skills
Responding to challenges with innovative solutions, products, or services by questioning conventional means, using intuition, experimentation & fresh perspectives; understanding, analyzing, synthesizing, and relating complex information and abstract variables.
- Working in a Team
Demonstrating effective interpersonal skills & working cooperatively and effectively within & across organizational units to achieve common goals.
Identifies and responds to current and future client needs; provides service that meets or exceeds clients’ expectations.
- Achieving Results
Deliver on commitments through actions that reflect personal accountability, sound judgement, decisiveness & business acumen.
- Strategy and Vision (UNI-08 only)
Develop a vision and connect people to it; understand the context and envision the possibilities; Translate ideas into concrete strategies that can be effectively executed.
You should clearly demonstrate in your application any specialized expertise that apply to you, as it will be used to determine which team you could best compliment within CSE.
- Experience working with an HR system (i.e., PeopleSoft, Workday).
- Experience in conducting research and analysis in a human resources discipline. (UNI-07)
- Experience in an external recruitment role. This could include: Attending recruitment events to attract potential applicants and/or creating and fostering relationships with external parties and communities.
- Experience in program governance as it relates to University and/or College Student hiring.
START DATE: 09/01/2022