EMPLOYER: Black & McDonald
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Clean, sweep, mop, and wash floors, stairs, equipment and other surfaces.
- Operate floor scrubber / Zamboni.
- Vacuum rugs in offices and public areas. Spot clean daily.
- Disinfect high touch points.
- Clean indoor common area spaces, hallways, offices, etc.
- Replenish dispensers including: paper towel, soap, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, air freshener, etc.
- Clean and disinfect bathrooms and fixtures.
- Empty trash cans and other waste containers, replace liners.
- Wash interior and exterior windows at ground level and interior walls (no ladder).
- Clean and disinfect medical equipment, gym equipment, fight mats, gym floor, lockers, etc.
- Monitor and report any damage, vandalism, building repairs.
- Adhere to safe work practices.
- Report any building repair or maintenance requirements to Operations.
- Perform safety and security checks.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills to deal with building occupants, colleagues and trades.
- Complete pre-job hazard assessments, cleaning checklists, refusal logs and other paperwork as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Custodial experience is considered an asset.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must hold Secret Security Clearance (Black & McDonald is willing to sponsor interested and qualified candidates).
- Must have the ability to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to walk indoor and outdoor for long distance.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to move by bending, crouching, kneeling, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting and rotating.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills to deal with building occupants, colleagues and trades.
- Able to perform repetitive motion tasks.
- Comfortable wearing Steel toe work boots during their shift.
- Comfortable doing medical grade cleaning, working with bloodborne pathogens and lead.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive pay rate
- Three (3) weeks paid vacation + Statutory holidays
- Paid sick days
- Company supplied clothing
- Annual safety boot allowance
- Company paid training opportunities
- Health & Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- RRSP program
- Free on-site parking
- 40 hours / week
- Day shift 6AM – 2:30PM
- Monday to Friday
- No nights, evenings or weekends
START DATE: 02/07/2022