EMPLOYER: MAT 4Site Engineers
MAT 4Site Engineers Ltd.
Field Services Representative - Mechanical & Electrical
Demonstrating drive, motivation, and enthusiasm, you will be working under the direction of Engineering Managers and Project Managers, in a remote, contract position, to perform field review of mechanical and electrical building systems under construction. As our ideal candidate, you will have the relevant education with a minimum of 8 years' experience working in the Engineering Building Services Consulting Industry in the fields of HVAC, plumbing and drainage, fire protection, electrical and life safety systems. Ideally, your experience should be with the design and engineering of mechanical building systems for commercial, healthcare, multi-residential, industrial, and institutional facilities. Experience in managing your own projects is required. This is a remote position that will require travel in and around the Ottawa region.
You will be an effective member of our cohesive team. You will exemplify our Core Values of Quality, Respect, Efficiency and Dedication. You will demonstrate an ability to work independently in an efficient manner. You will bring your ideas to the table and actively listen to the ideas of others. You will possess exceptional communication abilities, both verbally and in writing, along with strong organizational, technical, writing and computer skills. Most importantly, you will have fun at work!
Together, and with your efforts, we will help our clients create their “Best Buildings”.
Why Choose Us?
At MAT 4Site Engineers, we pride ourselves on hiring only the best and the brightest and we set a high standard for employees. We have a dynamic team and a teamwork-based environment. We ensure that you will always be well compensated for your valuable time and effort. We are extremely proud of our commitment to our employees and want to provide you with the opportunities and resources that will allow you to be your best.
For all our contract employees we offer:
- Participation in our Total Rewards Passport.
- Annual bonuses tied to company and individual performance.
- A flexible schedule and casual dress code.
- Regular gatherings for staff such as our holiday party, summer party, social committee events, lunches, and more.
- Excellent training and development opportunities through educational assistance, professional development, and both on and off-the-job training; and
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience by working on a wide variety of projects.
- Working under the direction of Engineering Managers and Project Managers, perform field review of mechanical and electrical building systems under construction
- Conduct site surveys of Mechanical and Electrical Building Systems as required
- Conduct “mandatory site visits” for potential project opportunities in the Ottawa and surrounding areas
- Review shop drawings and assist design team in reviewing and responding to site inquires
- Represent MAT 4Site at job site meetings with contractors and other consultants as required
- Review test reports, close-out documents and perform miscellaneous contract admin duties related to this position
- Prepare field review reports,
- Work with design team to prepare responses to RFI’s,
- Assist Design team with reviewing quotations for CCN’s,
- Assist Design team with Progress Draw Reviews
- Coordinate mechanical and electrical work with other disciplines
- Provide quality review assistance with contract documents prior to construction from a practical constructability perspective
- Bring site and design issues to the attention of the design team
- Assist Project Engineers in developing budgets for field review activities and monitor over the course of construction
- Assist Home Office with Design/Drafting direction when needed
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Current in-depth knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, Ontario Fire Code, ASHRAE, Canadian Electrical Code and relevant NFPA and CSA standards
- Demonstrated experience in the design and engineering of HVAC, plumbing and drainage, fire protection, electrical power distribution, lighting, and life safety systems
- Excellent people skills along with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to set high personal goals and work independently
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Ability to make recommendation to effectively resolve problems or issues
- Demonstrated project management skills; PMP will be considered an asset
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, and Revit software
- You must also be skilled in performing and reviewing HVAC Load calculations, and Energy Models for buildings
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering OR a Certified Engineering Technologist
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience managing Mechanical and/or Electrical Building Services' projects
- 8+ years of experience with field services work required for building projects
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle on a regular basis
- Bilingual in English and French is considered an asset, but not mandatory
- Federal Reliability Security Clearance is considered an asset
- Since this is a remote position, access to secure high-speed internet is a mandatory requirement
START DATE: 03/01/2022