EMPLOYER: Ottawa Catholic School Board
Under the direction of the Coordinator of Employee Wellness & Disability Management, the Wellness and Disability Management Officer is responsible for:
- Administration of the sick leave, short-term disability and long-term disability leave benefit plans
- Management of case files including communication with supervisors, staff and union representatives, as well as communication with physicians/treatment providers to obtain further information as required, etc.
- Providing advice to supervisors and staff on all wellness, sickness and disability management related issues
- Supporting employees in the return to work and workplace accommodation processes
- Providing assistance to the Coordinator as required and performing other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years’ related work experience, preferably in a unionized environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of disability management principles and practices
- Proven knowledge of Human Rights and Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) or Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMP) designation is considered an asset.
- Individuals who possess an equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered
- A valid driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle is required
The position will be filled once the staffing process is complete. The salary range for this full-time (1.0 FTE) permanent position is $81,639 to $88,555 per annum. A comprehensive employee benefits package and pension plan is also provided.
How to Apply:
Applicants are required to complete the application form beside the competition number below and attach a cover letter and resume in PDF format by 5:00 pm EST on February 18, 2022.
COMP 22/011 Apply Now link
The successful candidate will be required to comply with the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy Staff and Visitor COVID-19 Mandatory Testing and Vaccination Policy for the health and safety of students, staff and the broader school board community.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, you will receive an email including the interview date/time, location and process details. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
About the Ottawa Catholic School Board
The Ottawa Catholic School Board (OCSB) is located in Ottawa, Ontario. As Canada’s capital city, Ottawa ranks among the world's most desirable cities to call home. We have a small-town feel with a big-city presence and a population of just over a million people.
The OCSB proudly serves over 40,000 students in 84 schools. We offer an education that respects all faiths' universal values and is grounded in Catholic principles. We foster innovation to inspire Deep Learning so that all can realize their full potential. We offer a collaborative work environment, fulfilling careers, and the opportunity to make a difference in our students' lives. The OCSB adheres to equitable hiring, employment and promotion practices and is committed to an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of our students. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, persons with disabilities, people from gender diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities, as well as others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
The Ottawa Catholic School Board acknowledges that the land on which our schools are located is the traditional unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinabek Peoples. We extend our respect to all First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples for their valuable past and present contributions to this land.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, (AODA), if you require accommodations at any time throughout the hiring process, please contact Tessa Shewen in the Human Resources Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
START DATE: 03/01/2022