EMPLOYER: Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction
The Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction (CCSA) changes lives by bringing people and knowledge together to reduce the harms of alcohol and other drugs on society. It is the only organization with a legislated mandate to undertake this work at a national level. We partner with public, private and non-governmental organizations to improve the health and safety of Canadians. CCSA’s vision is for a healthier Canadian society where evidence transforms approaches to substance use.
Reporting to the Director, Information Systems and Web Services, the Records and Information Management Analyst supports CCSA by providing expertise in monitoring and analyzing CCSA’s information management practices including privacy and consent related matters. The Records and Information Management Analyst maintains and implements strategies, guidelines and policies, as well as ongoing audits and staff training.
- Maintains and updates CCSA’s Information Management (IM) framework including policies, governance and business rules.
- Maintains CCSA’s online, digital and paper records, as well as information repositories (including retention, disposition and archive activities).
- Maintains and updates CCSA’s plan for records and metadata to ensure records are managed effectively and in compliance with organizational reporting procedures.
- Implements, and revises as required, records guidelines, processes, and procedures.
- Implements life cycle management practices and consent by responding to questions, tracking requests and monitoring applicable legislations.
- Maintains enterprise content management systems classification scheme, functions and activities.
- Monitors external trends, emerging issues and legislation related to IM/Records Management (RM) practice and recommends/implements improvements.
- Contributes to the development of organizational initiatives as they relate to IM/RM practices, policies, and awareness.
- Conducts and tracks IM/RM orientation for new staff, and provides staff updates as required.
- Responds to privacy/consent requests from CCSA staff and partners as they pertain to the collection of information through forms, surveys and other documents.
- Monitors and maintains CCSA’s compliance to privacy legislation. Engages third parties as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a relevant discipline (e.g., public administration, information/records management, Archival studies or library sciences).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in providing information and record management services.
- Experience with enterprise content management systems such as SharePoint, M-files, or OpenText.
- Understanding of PIPEDA, CASL, Antispam and other applicable legislation.
- Knowledge of information and records management principles, practices and trends.
- Experience in the development and implementation of IM/RM procedures, guidelines or related products and services.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects taking into consideration conflicting and changing priorities and within established timeframes.
- Well-developed analytic and reasoning skills; the ability to understand, express and apply technical concepts, methods and procedures as they apply to information and records management.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment with a high degree of initiative, responsibility, efficiency and attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Subject knowledge in substance use and addiction or a related field (e.g., health, clinical sciences, social sciences).
- Knowledge of copyright law.
- Bilingual English and French.
CCSA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations for candidates with disabilities are available upon request during all aspects of the selection process.
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit a résumé and covering letter by email to email@example.com. We thank all respondents; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
START DATE: 02/28/2022