EMPLOYER: COMNET NETWORKS AND SECURITY INC.
ComNet Network and Security is looking for both experienced technicians and those looking to get their start in the telecommunications industry. If you have what it takes to join our team, we want to hear from you.
The Structured Cabling Technician will be responsible for executing structured cabling projects as well as projects in the security.
- Installation of structured cabling (CAT 5E, CAT 6 and others) and fiber optics according to the requirements.
- Label cables according to defined standards.
- Perform the necessary tests after installation and makes the necessary corrections.
- Maintain strong customer relations through daily contact with customers.
- Install new services, extra outlets and equipment in commercial buildings.
- Assist senior and lead technicians in daily service calls.
- Any and all other duties as assigned in order to meet Company objectives.
- Minimum 1-year cabling and or installation experience is an asset.
- Valid Ontario “G” driver’s license with clear driver’s abstract.
- Professional, trustworthy, and reliable with a strong attention to detail.
- Flexible to work various shifts including days, evenings, and weekends, if needed
- Available to work 40 hours per week, with the potential for overtime hours, if needed
- Ability to lift 70lbs and carry, climb and work from a ladder
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse individuals and to handle calmly and efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency.
- Ability to work both independently.
- Working at Heights and Fall Arrest Certification is an asset.
- The selected candidate must be able to fulfill the following requirements:
- Be able to successfully complete a Criminal background check.
- Selected candidates will have (or must be willing to obtain) GOVERNMENT OF CANADA SECURITY CLEARANCE – Secret clearance.
ABOUT ComNet Network and Security
Proudly Canadian, ComNet Networks and Security Inc. is a leading IoT networks and security systems integration company. We have been future-proofing buildings and urban infrastructures with a full range of design, engineering, integration, management, and support services for more than 20 years.
ComNet has the proven track record and resources to network and secure clients across Canada: federal, provincial, and municipal governments, critical infrastructure, data centres, utilities, universities, hospitals, as well as industrial and commercial companies.
Please apply in confidence by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
START DATE: 02/14/2022