EMPLOYER: Weeneebayko Area Health Authority
Title: Minomathasowin “Healthy Living” Community Facilitator
Site: Weeneebayko Area Health Authority
Reports to: Health Director of Community, Community Health Leader and Minomathasowin Director/Manager
Status: Permanent-Full Time
The Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) is seeking an experienced professional to fill they key role of Minomathasowin “Healthy Living” Community Facilitator. Reporting to the Health Director of your community or Community Health Leader, you will continue to liaise with the Manager and Director of Minomathasowin “Healthy Living” Department.
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) is the leading health care provider on the western James Bay coast. WAHA comprises of hospitals in Moose Factory, Fort Albany, and Attawapiskat, with a Health Centre in Moosonee. WAHA also provides regional outpatient programs, as well as Paramedicine services in Moose Factory, Moosonee, Fort Albany, Kashechewan, Attawapiskat, and Peawanuck. The span of services, complexity of care needs in the region, and the depth of health integration has made WAHA a leader and a model of health care services in Northern Ontario. WAHA consists of 450 employees, a Physician team, many students, as well as community stakeholders. It is affiliated with Queens University and offers many educational opportunities for current and prospective team members.
Position Profile Requirements:
• The Minomathasowin Healthy Living program is a community-developed, and community-led model for Public Health that was developed to support healthy communities in the James Bay and Hudson Bay coastal communities. Minomathasowin focuses on the prevention of illness through healthy environments, health promotion activities and prevention programming.
• The Community Minomathasowin Facilitator will work with their community to identify public health priorities for Moose Factory and Moosonee. To do this, the Community Minomathasowin Facilitator will be responsible for consulting with their community members to do public health planning. This will mean meeting with Elders, youth, health, education and social staff, community leadership and community members while being sensitive to the culture, public health needs and services within the community.
• A key role for this position will be to assist with the development and implementation of a comprehensive public health plan for the community that aligns with the Minomathasowin framework and identifies local program goals and priorities through extensive community communities and service provider engagement.
• The individual working in this position will be expected to develop knowledge of the health and community-based services available, along with the key points of contact to develop effective communication and information sharing networks.
• The individual will be expected to undertake and participate in COVID-19 activities and responsibilities to support community well-being and efforts.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Post secondary education in a health or social sciences field or equivalent combination of education, lived and related work experience
• Experience working in Indigenous health settings
• An ability to communicate in the local Cree language is an asset.
How to Apply: The successful candidate must provide a valid Criminal Record Check within a specified time frame Please apply in writing, providing three recent work references, quoting Competition #2022-090 to: Human Resources Weeneebayko Area Health Authority P.O. Box 664 Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
• Resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 705-658-4917 • For more information contact the HR team by email above • Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
START DATE: Immediate