EMPLOYER: J.D. Barnes Limited
J.D. Barnes Limited is the largest organization of its kind in Canada providing land surveying, bathymetric surveying, underground utility mapping, aerial mapping, land information solutions and integrated online data solutions coast to coast.
J.D. Barnes Limited is currently looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated SURVEY ASSISTANT for our Ottawa location. Interested candidates are invited to submit an application and résumé through our career page on our website at: www.jdbarnes.com
The Survey Assistant is responsible for assisting the Party Chief in successfully completing the field work on assigned jobs in accordance with the industry regulations and J.D. Barnes Limited's procedures and technical standards.
- Operate survey equipment including levels, Total Stations, Data collectors, GPS etc.
- Assist the Land Survey Party Chief with data preparation, measurements and calculations
- Communicate problems, errors, questions and concerns to the Land Survey Party Chief
- Inspect and maintain field equipment
- Ensure a clean and orderly work environment
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Policies and Regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of a surveying or engineering technology program
- Strong mathematical abilities
- Good communication skills
- Experience with land surveying and survey equipment is an asset
This job takes place outdoors in varying weather conditions and environments and demands a certain degree of physical strength as you will be carrying equipment (Total Station, Level, Bars and Stakes) from site to site.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter online. If accessibility accommodations are required during any stage of the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources Department.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
START DATE: 03/17/2022