EMPLOYER: J.D. Barnes Limited
J.D. Barnes Limited is the largest organization of its kind in Canada providing land surveying, bathymetric surveying, underground utility mapping, aerial mapping, land information solutions and integrated online data solutions coast to coast.
J.D. Barnes Limited is currently looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated JUNIOR OLS in our OTTAWA location. Interested candidates are invited to submit an application and résumé through our career page on our website at: www.jdbarnes.com
This position involves the overseeing and coordination of projects related to cadastral and construction surveys and the duties required of an Ontario Land Surveyor.
- Estimate project costs, prepare job estimates
- Supervise and motivate field and office staff
- Liaise with clients
- Meet timelines and oversee small to medium sized projects from inception to completion
- Bachelors Degree in Surveying
- Possess Cadastral OLS/CLS designation
- Excellent communication skills and detail oriented
- Understanding of CAD systems (preferably Microstation), calculating, survey methodology and a good understanding of Total Station and Data Collector technology
- Working knowledge of Global Positioning Systems (GPS) would be an asset
- Ability to learn new field and office surveying technologies
If accessibility accommodations are required during any stage of the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources Department.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
START DATE: 03/17/2022