EMPLOYER: PBC Development & Construction Management Group Inc.
Are you looking for a full-time opportunity in the construction sector?
PBC Development & Construction Management Group Inc. is currently hiring construction associates to join our growing team of passionate individuals.
Working under the supervision of the project superintendent, the labourer will assist in the day-to-day activities associated with the construction of low-rise to high-rise commercial and residential structures.
- Moving, securing, installing, and loading or unloading materials
- Assisting in the building or construction of various things
- Effectively using various tools and equipment, depending on the jobsite/assignment
- Moving equipment, materials, etc., according to direction from the site superintendent
- Installation and dismantling of temporary safety measures (I.e., fencing, guardrails, etc.)
- Snow management & salt spreading
- Aid with general site preparation, organization and clean-up as directed
- Handle and distribute construction materials, as well as safely loading and unloading vehicles with supplies and equipment as directed
- Able to assess work environment for potential health and safety hazards and promote a safe work environment
- Maintain a clean environment and removal of all debris from work sites
- Assist with traffic control as directed
- Other duties as required
- Experience on commercial construction sites preferred
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Must be able to safely lift 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English
- Ability to follow instructions
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety and willing to receive applicable health and safety training as per legislative and job requirements
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate is required (Training will be provided if you’ve never received this training or certificate is expired)
- Working at Heights certificate is required (Training will be provided if you’ve never received this training or certificate is expired)
- First-aid is an asset
- Verifiable work history that confirms your skills and experience
- Safety boots are required
- Hard hat, vest and all other protection equipment will be provided
START DATE: 03/28/2022