EMPLOYER: Mansteel Rebar Ltd
We are currently seeking a General Labourer to join the production team in our Pembroke Plant. The General Labourer will operator various machinery (Bender, Shears etc) in the Plant to prepare the material as per the ticket/order requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify and pick structural steel/rebar from the warehouse racks to fill orders
- Operate overhead cranes to move, assemble and select material to be fabricated or shipped.
- Operate a rebar bending machine to bend reinforcing steel bars to specific shapes
- Operate a shearing machine to cut reinforcing steel bars to specific lengths (training will provided)
- Feeding and unloading processing machines
- Assisting process control and machine operators in performing their duties
- Maintaining a clean work area and equipment used
- Assist other machine operators, forklift operators and workers with various duties involving physical handling of product, materials and equipment when required, or as directed.
- Demonstrate strong safety awareness by wearing personal protective equipment at all times, performing duties in a safe manner and continually maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Fill in for other positions as needed and perform other duties as required and assigned.
- Minimum 1 year of warehouse experience preferably with heavy material.
- Basic mechanical skills and knowledge of essential machine maintenance.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- A motivated team player with a “can-do” attitude that is able to troubleshoot, focus and organize work area.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently, and effectively while maintaining high attention to detail and quality.
- Quick learner with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Willingness to assist other plant personnel when required.
- Able to lift up to 30lbs.
START DATE: Immediate