EMPLOYER: Ottawa Safety Council
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference in your community, please consider joining our Team!
ABOUT THE OTTAWA SAFETY COUNCIL
Founded in 1957, the Ottawa Safety Council (OSC) is a well-established leader in safety education. We are a vibrant, charitable, not-for-profit organization. We are looking for applicants who will contribute to our mission as we continue to chart new directions as a road safety (no matter how traveled) leader.
We are currently seeking a Road Safety Programs Coordinator.
The Road Safety Programs Coordinator contributes to the overall success of the Ottawa Safety Council by coordinating the delivery of the Cycle Safe, Walk Safe, and Booster Fit programs to elementary schools in all four Ottawa School Boards. The Program Coordinator will also support the RoadSMARTS4Kids program development and administration. As Ottawa's leading voice of road safety, our programs aim to ensure that elementary-aged schoolchildren have the knowledge and confidence to safely navigate their community roads as pedestrians and cyclists.
The Road Safety Programs Coordinator is responsible for leading the administration and coordinator of the program; raising awareness in schools and communities about the programs; cultivating strong relationships with schools, parent councils, community organizations and other stakeholders who will become partners, participants and champions of the Cycle and Walk Safe Programs, Booster Fit, and RoadSMARTS4Kids programs.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This requires the Programs Coordinator to promote Cycle Safe, Walk Safe, RoadSMARTS4Kids, and Booster Fit programs to elementary schools in Ottawa with the goal of booking and rebooking presentations for both programs. The Programs Coordinator will act as the Ottawa Safety Council's lead presenter while proactively contacting schools and community groups, scheduling Cycle Safe clinics from June 1st and August 30th. The Programs Coordinator will lead the preparations and roll out of the Walk Safe, Boost Fit, and RoadSMARTS4Kids Program for the fall 2022 school year. The Programs Coordinator ensures the continuity and highest level of professional program delivery possible.
Leads the coordination of these Road Safety programs by:
- Coordinating, organizing, planning, promoting, delivering, and reporting on Cycle Safe, Walk Safe, Booster Fit, and RoadSMARTS4Kids
- Conducting orientation for new field employees and assigning job-shadowing training shifts
- Onboarding and coordinating all Presenters and Facilitators to ensure that they are familiar and comfortable with the content and prepared to deliver the presentations in a professional, engaging manner in a timely and capable manner
- Managing and supervising field employees for both Cycle Safe/ Walk Safe / Booster Fit
- Creating and managing a schedule that supports a maximum capacity of presentations in order to meet expectations of key stakeholders
- Ensuring that Program Kits are ordered, professional, updated, and well stocked
- Exploring opportunities to build connectivity with other stakeholders to strengthen the programs overall mandate
- Reviewing the status of the current program and making recommendations for the program tied to key strategic organizational goals
- Building awareness of current events and issues that are likely to affect program needs and stakeholder engagement
- Delivering presentations as needed for Walk Safe, Cycle Safe, and Booster Fit
- Completing funder reports accurately and on time
- Tracking expenditures against approved budgets
- Conducting surveys to determine program satisfaction to schools and community stakeholders
- Recommending materials and information needed for the effective delivery of the program
- Establishing positive relationships and maintaining expectations among program participants, contributors and others
- Prioritize and respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from school-based road safety presentations
- Assist with site visits asnecessary
- Track, prepare, and submit KPI reports
- Work closely with the SZS Coordinator
- Provide administrative programsupport
- Other duties as required
- Bilingual (French and English) essential
- Secondary School Diploma required, ideally post-secondary education in office administration, human resources, events management, program or project management, and / or hospitality would be anasset
- Experience with presentations
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,Outlook)
- Recent vulnerable sector police check or ability to procuresame
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Driver’s License and a willingness to travel isrequired
- Works well with others, and takes direction and criticism in a positivemanner
- Highly effective project/program management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Energetic, self-motivated, andresults-oriented.
- Politically and culturallysensitive.
- Knowledge of scheduling, time and attendance tracking software (i.e.Shiftboard)
- Knowledge of client management/database managementsoftware
- Knowledge of program strategy, development, implementation, management andevaluation
- Able to occasionally lift items as heavy at 50lbs.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer andperipherals
- Local travel is required
- Will be required to work occasional weekends or eveningwork
- Mandatory availability Monday to Friday, 8:30 - 4:30, WFHflexibility
$35,000 – $40,000 annually
The salary for this position will be negotiated with the successful candidate and will take into consideration the education and experience of the individual
- Comprehensive Group Benefits Package (Extended Health Care and Dental) after 3 months of employment
- Professional developmentopportunities
- RRSP matching program after 3 months of employment
- Work week: 37.5 hours Monday to Friday. Flexible workplacearrangements
If you possess a combination of the above skills, knowledge, attitudes, and experience please submit a resume and a cover letter to the posting as indicated. All submissions must be received no later than 4:00 p.m., May 9, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply by emailing Dominique Rutherford, the OSC’s Human Resource Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org the subject “Road Safety Programs Coordinator” or through this job posting portal.
The Ottawa Safety Council is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. We encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.
No phone calls, please.
START DATE: 05/11/2022