EMPLOYER: SRP Building Products
Work Description for Shipper/Inside Sales
Location: Stittsville, Ontario
Summary: Responsible for all day to day shipping and receiving duties in the warehouse. Performs light building and outside maintenance. Will liaison with customers for orders, shipping and quoting.
SRP Building Products Inc represents commercial roofing products as well as both commercial and residential cladding products (www.srpinc.ca). We are looking for an energetic individual who is looking to grow within the organization. The current position is one which will encompass many responsibilities and provide variety throughout the workday. Providing exceptional customer support is our driving focus as we always focus on our client’s needs.
The Shipper/Inside Sales performs the following duties:
WAREHOUSE & BUILDING DUTIES:
• Assemble containers and crates, record contents manually or in computer system, pack goods to be shipped and affix identifying information and shipping instructions
• Loading and unloading of goods from trucks or other conveyances
• Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods
• Maintain records of orders and the amount, kind and location of parts and supplies on hand using manual and computerized inventory system (Inventory Control)
• Unpack, code and route goods to appropriate storage areas
• May perform other activities, such as opening containers and crates, filling warehouse orders, manage inventory and weighing and checking materials.
INSIDE SALES DUTIES:
• Communicate with Clients to determine materials needs for projects.
• Provide assistance in quoting processes based upon communicated needs of client
• Ensure inventory requirements for product match client requirements.
• Work with transportation companies for product delivery
• Communicate regularly with contacts within the organization.
• Participate in regular staff meetings
• Attend training when required to develop relevant knowledge, techniques, skills and maintain proper certifications
• Adhere to all company and health & safety policies and procedures • Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Working & Physical Conditions:
• Office Hours are from Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
• Employees may be required to work overtime, with paid compensation
• The Warehouse person is required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Weight handling may be required up to (but not limited to) 50 lbs
• While performing the duties of this job, the warehouseperson is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
• Completion of secondary school required
• 1-2 years of experience
• Written and spoken communication skills - English
• Written and spoken communication skills - French (considered an asset)
• Some computer skills (Microsoft Office)
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Able to multi-task with shifting priorities
• Forklift Certification
• WHMIS Certification
• Previous experience with commercial construction products
• G license an asset
START DATE: Immediate