EMPLOYER: Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
SERVICE COORDINATOR - BILINGUAL
Scope of Position:
The Service Coordinator, Community Support, is part of a multi-disciplinary team that addresses issues related to supporting independent community living for older adults and adults with disabilities. This position is responsible for working assessment, delivery and coordination of a range of community and social services for the identified population.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide initial contact to all new clients to Community Support Services, establish rapport, assist in identifying needs and provide information about services;
- Receive, intake and complete assessment, planning and interventions for programs and referrals to programs through contact directly with clients and caregivers through telephone contacts, home visits, off site service provision and walk ins;
- Responsible for all aspects of assessing client eligibility and need for service delivery including but not limited to: Meals Delivery, Transportation, Foot Care, Diners Clubs, Going Home Program, Integrated Care and Enhanced Support Services;
- Provide ongoing point of contact to all clients accessing Meals Delivery, Transportation, Foot Care, Diners Clubs, Going Home Program, Integrated Care and Enhanced Support Services;
- Support and consult with team members to ensure that services and supports are delivered and maintained meeting the individual needs of the older adult/adult with disabilities as identified in their Care Plan;
- Consult and work with clients Power of Attorney and/or Substitute Decision Maker when necessary;
- Provide information and referrals to clients, families, care givers, community members, and other health care and social service professionals;
- Provide referral for counseling and support to clients as required, as well as follow up;
- Develop, maintain, implement and evaluate appropriate safety and security measures for clients, volunteers and paid drivers;
- Complete Supervision and evaluations for volunteers as required;
- Receive requests for service from clients and work with Program Assistant(s) to meet service requests;
- Identify risk factors and provide appropriate support for social isolation, mental health, and social determinants which impact the general well-being and health of community members;
- Complete Subsidy applications and assessments for clients with low income to assist with costs of services, including SnoGo Assist;
- Determine Eligibility and assist with applications to provide support to individuals inclusive of: but not limited to Ontario Disability Support Program, Trillium programs, Old Age Security and Canada Pension Plan, Veteran’s Affairs, Low Income Energy Assistance Program, and Long Term Care;
- Coordinate and complete services for clients referred by the Going Home Program;
- Refer clients where appropriate and necessary to external support services including but not limited to Primary Care Outreach, Essential Health and Social Supports, City of Ottawa, Personal Care Independent Living. Geriatric Assessment Outreach Team, Geriatric Psychiatry Community Services of Ottawa, Adult Day Programs, and Care Coordination;
- Follow up by telephone and/or home visit when there is a change in client’s health or needs;
- Complete Community Home safety checks of known vulnerable individuals;
- Facilitate education and support groups as required;
- Arrange payment from subsidy funds if client unable to pay for services;
- Link with appropriate service providers and/or community resources;
- Communicate and liaise with community partners to ensure effective provision of service delivery;
- Maintain a client case load for consistent support and follow-up;
- Monthly follow up with new clients and waitlisted clients.
The Service Coordinator is also responsible for advocacy, community education, coordination of policy, training and development, administrative and evaluation of tasks.
Education and Experience:
- B.A., B.S.W., or SSW with a major in Gerontology, Counseling or Community Support or equivalent in education and training;
- Minimum two years of experience in social and health services working with seniors and/or persons with physical disabilities;
- Clearly demonstrated client assessment skills using validated tools (InterRAI suite preferred);
- Experience working with and managing volunteers considered an asset;
- Knowledge of local communities served;
- Knowledge of and commitment to community based model of social work intervention, Health Equity and Social Inclusion lens;
- Public speaking and public education skills;
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the continuum of care services including community social and health services and long term care;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to travel throughout Ottawa, especially rural areas;
- Experience in program development, delivery and evaluation;
- Valid drivers’ license, access to a vehicle, adequate insurance coverage.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, spoken and written;
- Ability to communicate fluently in French, spoken and written;
- Ability to communicate in other languages reflective of populations served is an asset.
- Microsoft Office Suite of Products – Intermediate;
- CIMS – Intermediate.
Salary and Hours:
- Starting salary $45,128.00
- Hours of work are 35 hours per week and may be irregular, including evenings and weekends.
Please apply online via this career centre by May 31, 2022 at midnight. Please submit any questions to email@example.com. Note that applications submitted via email will not be considered.
Address cover letters to:
People Services Manager
Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
2 MacNeil Court, Kanata ON K2L 4H7
WOCRC has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please do not hesitate to let us know how we can best accommodate you.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. Please note however that, due to the volume of résumés received, only those applicants selected for further consideration, will be contacted.
START DATE: Immediate