EMPLOYER: MAD Elevator
ECR has been designing, manufacturing and installing elevator interiors for over three decades.
We’re looking for a Glass Operator to join our Manufacturing Team.
Responsible for the preparation of glass panels to create quality elevator interiors that meet the design specifications of our customers.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Manufacturing or glass work (custom production)
- Glass cutting, edging, and polishing experience an asset
- Proficiency with reading construction drawings and ability to create designs to specifications
- Medium to highly detail oriented
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
Requirements, Skills, and Competencies
- Efficiently and safely manipulate glass sheets for processing.
- Receive and store glass sheets.
- Operate, maintain, and adjust glass edger/polisher and cut glass.
- Assemble parts in accordance with drawings and instructions.
- Ability to read construction drawings.
- Ensure quality standards and schedules are maintained
- Complete work within expected periods of time.
- Minimize scrap through diligence and planning.
- Willingness to cross train & work in other departments.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs (assisted if needed); may work in hot areas 5%, noise 0%.
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety as well as active participation in 5S activities in work area.
This is an hourly day shift position working out of our Ottawa, ON location. Hours are typically Monday to Friday 7:00 am-3:30 pm.
COVID-19 Vaccination required.
If you'd like to work with us, apply with your resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Accommodations can be made available to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process.
If you require an accommodation in applying for a posting, please contact Human Resources.
START DATE: Immediate