EMPLOYER: MAD Elevator
ECR has been designing, manufacturing and installing elevator interiors for over three decades.
We’re looking for an EDM Field Technician to join our Manufacturing Team.
As an EDM Field Technician, you will be responsible for removing and installing elevator interior finishes. Using hand tools proficiently to secure varied materials such as metal, wood, glass wall panels and ceilings to support the project specifications of ECR customers. The ideal candidate will have excellent mechanical aptitude, excellent communication and decision-making skills, great with hand and power tools with accuracy in measurements and exceptional attention to details.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Expert level with hand and power tools, measuring devices, and appropriate safety gear
- At least 1 year of experience successfully installing elevator interiors or finishes
- EDM 'T' License certification a preference
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driver's record required
- Able to obtain Security Clearances
- Able to lift up to 50lbs (assisted if needed)
Responsibilities, Skills, and Competencies:
- Perform work requiring high degree of general trades knowledge.
- Apply close mental and visual attention to work to ensure quality product finishes.
- Work under minimum technical direction from the Field Operations Supervisor.
- Consistently exhibit a courteous and professional demeanor/appearance on clients’ facilities.
- Implement solutions to product problems in the field (excellent trouble shooting skills).
- Apply basic metrology and uses hand measuring instruments expertly as required.
- Prevent damage during installation where mistakes can be very costly.
- Handle medium to heavy materials and equipment intermittently.
- Complete work within expected periods of time.
- Work safely per internal and customers' safe operating practices and instructions.
- Maintain truck interior and exterior, and carries appropriate tools and general-purpose stock.
- Complete installation records accurately, completely and on time.
- Perform other work as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs (assisted if needed); may work in hot areas 5%, noise 0%.
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety as well as active participation in 5S activities in work area.
This is an hourly day shift position working out of our Ottawa, ON location. Hours are typically Monday to Friday 7:00 am-3:30 pm.
Covid-19 vaccination is required.
If you'd like to work with us, apply with your resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Accommodations can be made available to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process.
If you require an accommodation in applying for a posting, please contact Human Resources.
START DATE: Immediate