Recollective is the world’s leading online community based qualitative research platform. Over the past decade many of the largest and most innovative organizations around the world have chosen Recollective to help them engage stakeholder communities to gain valuable insights and optimize decisions.
With an award-winning suite of powerful research functionalities supported by highly skilled in-house research and service professionals, Recollective empowers customers to design and execute their online research. Whether as a fully customizable DIY solution or implemented with the support of our growing network of global service partners, Recollective is used by thousands of organizations globally.
Recollective has developed a People Culture that we are particularly proud of. We have high expectations but reward people based on their performance and give them the support they need to learn and grow in an environment built on trust and inclusivity.
As a fast growing and profitable technology company located in Ottawa, Canada, we have very ambitious goals and we’re not slowing down. We like to dream big, get things done and have fun while doing it. Interested? Apply today!
Scope of the Role
Our Finance team has grown over the past 12 months and we are in need of a Director of Accounting to be involved in all aspects of accounting for the company. The Director of Accounting will manage a small team and oversee the NetSuite accounting package producing accurate monthly financial statements and supporting the audit of the year-end results.
As the Director of Accounting you will play a key role in ensuring the accuracy of the company’s accounting reporting, ensuring our accounting policies are in compliance with ASPE, managing and developing a small team who support the accounting function. The successful candidate will be hands on working with the NetSuite accounting system, make recommendations to the Director of Finance and Administration and the CFO with respect to improvement in processes and changes in accounting policy. The Director of Accounting will also be responsible for the operation of the NetSuite package, liaising with consultants and internal technical support when issues arise or new modules are added.
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounting entries
- Manage a small team who are involved in data entry, accounts receivable and accounts payable and reconciliations
- Review the revenue recognition reports
- Manage the close of the monthly financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly reporting package for the Board of Directors.
- Prepare the audit package for the external auditor
- Assist in preparation of tax returns and other tax matters
- Develop reports in NetSuite as required
- Manage the NetSuite package and liaise with external consultants and internal technical support resources.
- Assist in the management of the SalesForce suite of products including the billing system and revenue recognition system.
- Foster and champion Recollective’s outstanding people culture
- Post-secondary education in Accounting.
- A CPA designation will be an asset
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting roles
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting for SAAS based businesses
- Previous involvement with NetSuite
- Outgoing with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills. Team player.
- Exceptional initiative and proven ability to go above and beyond with minimum supervision and, at times, conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate and articulate key ideas and concepts with people at all levels in the company.
- Strong skills in problem-solving, decision-making, time-management, and multi-tasking.
- Clear understanding of full-cycle accounting
- Strong organization and multitasking skills.
This position is located at our beautiful, new head office in downtown Ottawa (World Exchange Plaza) with the flexibility to work remotely. Applicants located outside of Ottawa are welcome to apply but must be willing to work within the Eastern Time Zone.
We welcome you to join a fun but driven culture that promotes diversity and growth through an open and transparent approach to business. We offer flexible work arrangements, competitive compensation, superior health benefits, RRSP matching and much more!
APPLY NOW: https://recollective.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=33&source=bamboohr
Recollective is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including women, Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities and racialized people, people from gender and sexually diverse communities.
We want to be sure that everyone is able to participate fully and equally in our selection process. If you are selected for an interview, please let us know if you require any special accommodation.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in our company, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition team.
START DATE: 07/01/2022