EMPLOYER: Nanometrics Inc.
Despite everything we know, the earth still has its mysteries. Beneath the surface, it is ever-changing and there is still much to understand. At Nanometrics, we develop industry leading instrumentation and services used to measure and record the very precise movements of the earth. Our innovative products and services are deployed in the most remote locations on the earth - from the bottom of the ocean to the peak of the Matterhorn - to study man-made and natural seismicity. As a member of the Nanometrics team, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with all areas of the business to expand the boundaries of seismic research and explore the unknown/discover the inner workings of our planet.
You are a goal oriented and energetic individual with a strong initiative and are highly motivated to learn new things. You also see the bigger picture in tasks and work well as part of a team. You easily adapt to new methods and procedures and enjoy collaborating with others as well as participating in the decision making process.
We work in a high paced environment with a variety of products to work with and have a great team oriented atmosphere that also requires independent work. We enjoy having a busy day with lots of friendly coworkers who are supportive and excited to contribute to the overall production of our Seismic Monitoring Solutions.
- Electro-mechanical assembly of products using jigs, hand and power tools
- Perform soldering/desoldering functions associated with surface mount and through-hole components as per IPC-610
- Read and understand assembly instructions, drawings and other technical documents
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve assembly related issues
- Identify product or material defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are noted
- Ensure accurate data collection and recording
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Complete all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
- Experience assembling harnesses and cables as per IPC-620 workmanship standards is an asset
What You Bring
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent. Post-secondary diploma in a related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience as a Mechanical Assembler
- Strong computer skills
- Commitment to quality and safety with strong knowledge of Workplace Safety best practices
- Work independently and complete daily tasks in a timely manner
Why You’ll Love Us
- Flexible hours
- Competitive wages
- Supportive and encouraging work atmosphere
Nanometrics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
START DATE: 07/01/2022