EMPLOYER: High Tech Genesis
High Tech Genesis has an immediate opening for candidates experienced in designing and developing Telecommunications software, to join our team.
- Develop embedded C/C++ software with focus on Layer 2
- Develop new features, and support new hardware
- Participate in all stages of software development, including requirements analysis, design, prototyping, implementation, test, and maintenance
- Troubleshoot software issues and work with Architects, Software and System Engineers to identify root cause
- Identify software performance improvements through test driven development, automated unit testing, and comprehensive integration testing
- Influence the software architecture, to improve resiliency, debuggability and maintainability
Required skills and experience:
- Skilled with Layer 2 protocols such as LLDP, LACP, CFM, EOAM
- Proficient in embedded operating system concepts, and extensive C programming language experience
- Experience with debugging complex issues such as crashes and traps, memory leaks, CPU hogs etc.
- Familiarity with data-plane technologies and data-plane services
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to present ideas and coordinate troubleshooting
- Excellent organization skills to manage time, resources, and priorities
- Independent self-starter and committed to delivering on daring deadlines
- Comfortable in a team environment while still taking accountability and working independently as needed
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering coupled with 5+ years proven experience in an embedded software design role
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit).
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), HTG will provide accommodation accessible formats and communication supports for the interview process upon request.
Note 4: Please submit an MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.
Note 5: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Begin your exciting career with us by applying at:https://jobs.hightechgenesis.com/o/layer-2-applications-software-engineer
START DATE: 06/15/2022