EMPLOYER: Nanometrics Inc.
Despite everything we know, the earth still has its mysteries. Beneath the surface, it is ever-changing and there is still much to understand. At Nanometrics, we develop industry leading instrumentation and services used to measure and record the very precise movements of the earth. Our innovative products and services are deployed in the most remote locations on the earth - from the bottom of the ocean to the peak of the Matterhorn - to study man-made and natural seismicity. As a member of the Nanometrics team, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with all areas of the business to expand the boundaries of seismic research and explore the unknown/discover the inner workings of our planet.
You have excellent organizational skills and a high proficiency for prioritizing and meeting multiple deadlines . You enjoy working in a team environment and you have a process improvement mindset.
Each day our goal is to make sure we provide the right work at the right time with the right quantity to ensure our internal clients get what they need accurately and on time. We work in a team oriented atmosphere and even when we have individual tasks we are always coming together to achieve the end product. We enjoy that no two days are the same and utilize our ability to multi-task and adjust to changing requirements. We also love the vast array of products and our easy going and supportive team that collaborates closely with Production, Shipping and Purchasing.
- Perform administrative tasks involved in the receipt storage and movement of material through the production cycle
- Load and unload inventory from loading docks, delivery trucks and storage areas and production areas
- Ensures orderly production and distribution of products by pulling orders from inventory, delivering production materials and supplies where needed, and staging finished product final distribution.
- Sort, post and file inventory records and production schedules
- Prepare shop work orders and review stock records to determine stock status and requirements
- Contributes to the orderly operation of stock and or material storage area
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and keeping materials and supplies in stock, recording location of inventory and reporting shortages
- Perform periodic and regular inventory counts
- Identify opportunities for innovation and process improvement
- Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders
What You Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-5 years of Material Handling or production control experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior ERP experience an asset
- Previous experience operating a forklift an asset
- Proficiency with computer systems (MS Office and Google Suite)
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
Why You’ll Love Us
- You will be joining an amazing team of energetic and dedicated professionals in a dynamic, collaborative and progressive atmosphere.
- The chance to make positive and impactful contributions in your work.
- Nanometrics supports and encourages learning opportunities and provides access to LinkedIn Learning and several other Professional Development opportunities.
Nanometrics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
START DATE: 07/01/2022