Apply By: Tuesday, July 5, 2022 11:59 pm EDT
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - BILINGUAL FRENCH
Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services
1 Temporary assignment/contract up to 12 months with possibility of extension
08OAD - Office Administration 08
$24.77 - $28.80 Per Hour*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Understanding the job ad - definitions
You are a self-starter, a collaborative team-builder, and are confident in your capabilities to provide proactive client service and administrative support. If this sounds like you, then consider this exciting opportunity where you will play a key role in providing administrative services to the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Provide a variety of administrative, secretarial and clerical services such as processing incoming and outgoing mail.
• Respond to internal and external inquiries, compose and prepare correspondence.
• Produce a variety of materials such as reports, spreadsheets, minutes and presentations.
• Process service contracts and amendments from transfer payment agencies.
• Develop and maintain filing and bring forward systems.
• Participate in special projects and committees.
How do I qualify?
•You must possess oral and written French language skills at the advanced level. Your proficiency level will be confirmed before hire.
Administrative Knowledge and Organizational Skills
• You have knowledge and skills in administrative, secretarial and clerical office processes and procedures.
• You can manage filing systems.
• You can multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines and provide quality service in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
Interpersonal and Customer Service Skills
• You can provide accurate and timely responses to a variety of contacts, based on your knowledge of programs, procedures and legislation.
• You can apply knowledge of policies, programs and services, and financial reporting guidelines to identify and resolve discrepancies and to handle incoming service/information requests.
Written Communication Skills
• You can prepare routine correspondence using accurate grammar, spelling, punctuation and formatting.
• You can apply knowledge of policies, acts, regulations, functions and procedures for programs related to Adult Developmental/ Community Services, Children's Services, Municipal Services, Crown Wards, Violence Against Women Services, Special Services At Home and Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti- Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit theOPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
- 1 Bilingual Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 347 Preston St, Ottawa, East Region, Criminal Record Check
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Administrative and Support Services
Monday, June 20, 2022
- This ad is also available in French.
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Development Branch, Talent and Leadership Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
How to apply:
- You must apply online.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Tuesday, July 5, 2022 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d'emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario's Human Rights Code.
Note: The only website where you can apply on-line for positions with the Ontario Public Service is http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca
START DATE: 07/18/2022