EMPLOYER: My Little Preschool
My Little preschool is looking for a Program Support Educator who is passionate to work with young children, can work on own and as part of a team, a person who loves to cook and prepare healthy lunch and snacks.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Follow the menu that is based on Canada's Food Guide and in compliance with Child Care Early Years Act (CCEYA Reg.137/15 subsection 5.3 Nutrition Requirements p.87)
- Preparing 2 snacks and 1 lunch, ensuring there are enough portions for each child based on age and allergy/food sensitivities
- All meals will be prepared with appropriation of children's ages (i.e. steamed carrots for toddlers; choking hazards etc.)
- Must be able to work safely around stoves and chemicals while having the physical endurance to spend couple of hours standing, walking and lifting heavy objects.
- Is responsible for maintaining cleanliness in both the kitchen and in and around the childcare Centre (example: garbage bins, green bins, cycling, etc)
- Is responsible to create a weekly shopping list according to the menu and supplies
- Ensure safe storage for all food and materials, in addition to checking the foods prior to use for any signs of spoilage or mold (FIFO- First in First Out rule followed)
- Ensuring measures are taken to minimalize any contamination of workspaces
- Washing and sanitizing all dishes, cutlery, cooking utensils and materials using the dishwasher
- Maintain a clean workspace that is compliant with Ottawa Public Health standards
- Following a cleaning schedule set out by the centre
- Ensuring proper documentation of all sanitization practices, refrigerator/freezer temperatures, dishwasher final rinse temperature and all cleaning logs.
- Must have or be willing to obtain prior to start; current Food Handlers Certification
- Must have or be willing to obtain prior to start; Vulnerable Sector Screen (within 6 months)
- Must have or be willing to obtain prior to start; First Aid and CPR Level C
- Follow all Covid-19 Policies and protocols in place
- Immunization record (up to date) and 2 step tb test (or proof of at least one, two step tb test.
Previous cook experience an asset
COVID safe policies and procedures are approved by the Ottawa Health and Ministry of education and in place. COVID Vaccination in effect.
Masks must be worn by all employees.
START DATE: 07/04/2022