EMPLOYER: Ainsworth Inc.
Reporting to the engineering/technical manager, the Project Manager is responsible for directly leading, managing, and executing the supply and installation of projects and accountable for full implementation of a team of professionals regarding engineering, design, graphic generation, programming, commissioning, and client training. This includes strong leadership skills, financial management, time and organization management, and the ability to liaise with all levels of the client experience. This position commands flexible working hours as per various project requirements and working with external parties (consultants/commissioning agents, contractors, clients, etc.) to ensure project delivery.
In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for leveraging Ainsworth - ESC Automation’s brand value to drive sustainable & profitable growth in all vertical markets. An entrepreneurial approach to is required for this role is necessary, as the candidate has responsibility for both individually contributed sales along with broader market penetration and positioning in their respective territory.
- Prospect, qualify, propose, and close new system orders in the security market including CCTV, Card Access, Intrusion, Nurse Call and RTLS.
- Maintain and develop network of relationships with owners, general contractors, trade contractors, design consultants and supplier-partners to influence both contractor and owner-driven sales.
- Expand our base of reference-able, and service-able, projects and clients.
- Continue building on our brand value as a Master Systems Integrator and, Security Integrator, Health Care Technologies Integrator and Technical Traders Service Provider.
- Work with our chosen supplier partners to nurture mutually beneficial relationships.
- Participates in pre bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements.
- Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
- Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team.
- Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage, and control costs.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction, or other services.
- Possess basic understanding of HVAC Control Systems and/or Access Security Systems to appraise existing systems components, evaluate general site conditions, and recommend the most applicable system or technical solutions.
- Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
- Attends scheduled Operations Team meetings to review business practices, financial updates, health and safety updates, and company updates.
- Manage project performance by creating and executing project work plans being actively engaged in on-site work, including installation, commissioning, and testing, and providing monthly reports as required and tracking quality issues and team development.
- Manage subcontractor workflow regarding installation practices in order to comply with company guidelines and contractor management program.
- Establish and maintain strong partnership with clients responsible for the decision making process. Actively listen, probe and identify concerns. Understand each customer's business and demonstrate technical expertise to develop credibility, loyalty, and trust
- PMP designation would be an asset but not required.
- Previous Project Management experience in the field of BAS, Access/Security and Mechanical Environments is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, technical, and financials abilities
- Working experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint software.
- Strong Leadership skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a complex environment, dealing with multiple projects and clients
- Experience working with other consultants and contractors, and coordination of integrated projects and building solutions.
- Display strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Diverse relationship management and superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
- Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
- Broad business acumen including direct sales contribution, sales leadership, business development, vision & strategy development, P&L ownership.
- Change agility and comfort dealing with ambiguity, to complement a highly dynamic workplace with a multitude of internal and external stakeholder clients
- Adept proposal writer with sufficient technical competency to communicate with internal subject matter experts (system architecture design & estimating) and translate these attributes into owner-oriented values & benefits.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering an end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.
l Team Oriented Environment l Competitive compensation l Performance Based Bonuses l Paid Training Program l Group Benefits Plan l Promote-from-within Policy l Vacation Policy l State-of-the-Art Equipment and Tools l Exposure to Cutting Edge Technology l
START DATE: 07/04/2022