EMPLOYER: Mansteel Rebar Ltd
We are currently seeking a Rebar Detailer/Project Coordinator to join the team in our Kanata location. The duties of a rebar detailer are to create high quality rebar shop drawings, through the interpretation of structural drawings and specifications for the project. Drawings should conform to industry and company standards while providing all required information for efficient fabrication and straightforward installation. All computer work will be done using AutoCAD and RebarCAD.
- Prepare rebar shop drawings as per the structural, architectural drawings and industry and company standards, using Rebar CAD
- Keep track of changes in the scope of work and issue change orders in timely manner.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation for each project
- Act as a liaison between Contractor, Rebar installers, other Detailers and Shop production Coordinators
- Ensure all efforts are taken to satisfy customer needs at all levels.
- Approach and resolve construction conflicts and disputes within a timely manner and in an innovative fashion
- Experience as a rebar detailer would be an asset
- Post-secondary education in Architectural Technology, Civil Technology or related discipline
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
- Candidate should have good communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong computer skills
- Must be proficient with using AutoCAD
- Blue print reading skills and strong problem solving expertise
START DATE: 08/02/2022