EMPLOYER: Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
OB TITLE: CCSN Transformation Consultant
REPORTS TO: CCSN Co-chairs and Leadership table
STATUS: Full time hours consulting position up to March 31, 2023
The CCSN is a regional network of 52 Community Support organizations led by a leadership table of approximately 12 members.
The mission of the CCSN is
Through partnership and collaboration, and harnessing our collective experience, we guide, influence, and plan systems, services, and practices of Community Support Services in Eastern Ontario.
Amplifying our collective voice, we engage and mobilize community agencies, leaders, and decision makers at all levels to respond to local challenges, advance community health solutions, and champion quality services.
Our network is a regional collaborative that enables local improvements and advances innovation in Community Support Services. Our members deliver non-profit community health and support services across Eastern Ontario, and work together to promote excellence in care.
Our vision is that seniors and adults living with disabilities are supported and empowered with choice to live independently at home. We envision a province where people, regardless of age, ability, or health condition, have the decision to live and remain safely at home, and a health system that provides a robust and responsive continuum of care.
What we are looking for:
Health Care in Ontario is changing, and the Champlain Community Support Network is strategically placed to ensure that Community Support organizations across the region and beyond have a voice in ensuring that people get the care they need in the place they want it.
Provincially, Ontario Health Teams (OHTs) are being introduced by the Ministry of Health to improve the delivery of integrated and patient-oriented care. Ontario Health has also realigned healthcare regions resulting in amalgamation of the Champlain region with South East and Central regions. The introduction of these changes has opened possibilities for the CCSN to expand, become more visible in the political sphere, and advocate for bringing together Community Support Services across a larger geographical area and for ensuring that Community Support Services are valued and fully integrated into healthcare within the region.
To assist with this planning and advocacy work, the Champlain Community Support Network is seeking a knowledgeable and skilled consultant who will work closely with the CCSN staff and the CCSN leadership table to support and implement the following deliverables:
- Builds on the current strategic and operations plan and an assessment of the emerging healthcare environment and risks to create a revised path forward for CCSN to be influential, successful and an integral part of providing healthcare in the region.
- Identify tangible actions to implement this new direction, reflecting both a short-term and longer-term time horizon.
- Actively seek out and participate in Ontario Health initiatives with the goal of increasing the visibility and value of the Community Support Sector and to ensure that the work of the sector is well integrated within health system changes.
- Expand partnerships and collaborations across sectors (including outside of traditional CCSN borders).
- Strengthen relationships, reach and influence with government and other key organizations, including but not limited to Ontario Health East and the OHTs.
- Advocates for the CCSN members with funders and provincial government, using sound data and compelling client stories.
- Consults widely with provincial, national, and local programs to identify best practices, barriers, and enablers for community support services that could be applied in this region.
- Implement knowledge transfer and mobilization strategies to enhance CSS services and programs, in partnership with CSS organizations.
- Actively contribute to the design of emerging community support organizations or networks in Eastern Ontario, building on best practices and results of the CCSN.
- Provides regular supervision of CCSN staff and assign team members to support CCSN working groups and meetings
- Participation in CCSN meetings on a monthly basis and as required.
Qualifications & Experience
The Consultant role will require someone who has:
- In depth knowledge of Ontario’s health system and the role of Community Support Services in the continuum of healthcare services.
- Experience influencing system change in healthcare
- Proven track record in innovative approaches to complex challenges
- Strong background in collaborative decision making and relationship building
- Experience facilitating and gaining consensus across diverse professional groups.
- Extensive practical knowledge of project and change management principles and theory.
And the following competencies:
- Strong planning, decision-making, leadership, and organizational skills with proven ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and produce deliverables.
- Exceptional facilitation skills, being able to organize productive discussions and engage participants in a meaningful way.
- Strong critical analysis, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills and a proven ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in remote locations as well as coordinate a remote team.
- Demonstrated ability to work within an equity inclusion framework.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and serve the needs of diverse communities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and effectiveness with a rapidly changing environment, short deadlines, and multiple programs’ consumer needs.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, spoken and written is required
- Ability to communicate fluently in French, spoken and written is an asset
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, including Teams.
- Intermediate knowledge of online web-conference and online facilitation platforms such as Zoom, Google Docs, Jam Board etc.
The Consultant will report to the CCSN leadership table co-chairs and, as necessary, the leadership table.
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
Please apply online via this career centre. Posting is open until July 20, 2022 at midnight. Submit any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that applications submitted via email will not be considered.
Address cover letters to:
People Services Manager
Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
2 MacNeil Court
Kanata, ON K2L 4H7
We are an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business and job requirements. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in Ontario.
WOCRC has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please do not hesitate to let us know how we can best accommodate you.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. Please note however that, due to the volume of résumés received, only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
START DATE: 07/14/2022