EMPLOYER: Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
|Job Title:||Program Coordinator – Day Services|
|Hours:||7 hours/week (0.2 of full-time equivalent)|
|Benefits:||Optional HOOPP Pension enrolment|
|Salary:||$45,129 annually (pro-rated to 0.2 FTE)|
|Language:||Fluency in English and French essential|
|Other:||Evening and weekend availability|
|Application Deadline:||July 27, midnight|
Bringing care and community together since 1986. Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre connects children, youth, parents, adults and seniors with services and resources in Ottawa west. We are committed to supporting our diverse communities in far west Ottawa by providing and coordinating accessible health and social services. Our work is guided by our four core beliefs: empowerment, equity, partnership and innovation and demonstrated through our day-to-day interactions with clients, partners, volunteers, members and staff.
Working at WOCRC means working within our Guiding Beliefs and making a difference to our community. As our employees support the community, WOCRC supports and values its employees by offering a generous wellness package including vacation leave, personal leave, insurance and health coverage, HOOPP enrolment, and maternity leave top-up for full-time indeterminate employees.
WOCRC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. WOCRC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Support and/or accommodation is available through all phases of our hiring process, please let us know how we can support you.
The Program Coordinator – Day Services, Community Support, is part of a multi-disciplinary team that addresses issues related to seniors and adults with physical disabilities. This position is responsible for working with team members to coordinate and implement service delivery related to the Adult Day Program. This program provides supervised social activities in a group setting for clients experiencing Alzheimer’s disease and/or other related dementias.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, coordinate, implement, maintain and evaluate all aspects of service delivery related to the Adult Day Program;
- Coordinate the provision of activities, socialization, exercises, mental aerobics and meals for program participants;
- Develop, maintain, implement and evaluate appropriate safety and security measures for clients and volunteers;
- Provide initial contact to all new clients to the Adult Day Program, establish rapport, assist in identifying needs and provide information about services;
- Receive, intake and complete assessment, planning and interventions for programs and referrals to programs through contact directly with clients and caregivers through telephone contacts, home visits;
- Assess clients for program eligibility and any additional client needs.
- Support and promote advocacy skills of community members and assume an advocate role as required;
- Act as a resource person with groups to assist in identifying needs and to link to resources and other groups with similar goals.
Coordination of Policy and Service:
- Take a leadership role and/or participate in advocacy and coordination committees of social and health services on a local level, particularly related to issues affecting seniors and persons with physical disabilities;
- Design, maintain and implement appropriate policies and procedures for effective service delivery.
Administrative and Evaluation:
- Prepare and maintain client and information files;
- Prepare and maintain all necessary documentation and statistics related to responsibilities and duties on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- B.A. or SSW with a major in Gerontology, Dementia Studies or Recreation Studies or equivalent in education and training;
- Minimum two years’ experience in social and health services with emphasis on working with cognitively impaired adults within an adult day program setting;
- Experience working with cognitively impaired, multicultural seniors in a congregate setting;
- Volunteer management certificate or equivalency in education/experience considered an asset;
- Food Handling Certification required;
- Clearly demonstrated client assessment skills, using validated assessment tools (Inter RAI suite preferred);
- Public speaking and public education skills;
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the continuum of care services including community social and health services and long-term care;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Experience in program development, delivery and evaluation;
- Knowledge of local communities served;
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle required. $2 million in liability insurance.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, spoken and written is required;
- Ability to communicate fluently in French, spoken and written is required;
- Other languages reflective of the community we serve an asset.
Oral Expression - Advanced (A-)
Oral Comprehension - Advanced (A-)
Reading Comprehension - Advanced (A-)
Written Expression - Intermediate Plus (B+)
Please submit your résumé online through this career centre by July 27, 2022 at midnight.
Please submit all other questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that applications submitted via email will not be considered.
Address cover letters to:
People Services Manager
Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
2 MacNeil Court
Kanata, ON K2L 4H7
We are an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business and job requirements. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in Ontario.
WOCRC has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please do not hesitate to let us know how we can best accommodate you.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. Please note however that, due to the volume of résumés received, only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
START DATE: 07/14/2022