EMPLOYER: Shepherds of Good Hope
Shepherds of Good Hope is one of the largest not-for-profit organizations dedicated to meeting the needs of homeless and vulnerably-housed individuals in the city of Ottawa. Many individuals who access our programs and services live with trauma, mental health challenges and addictions. A leader in supportive housing and harm-reduction, Shepherds of Good Hope provides around-the-clock, comprehensive services to both women and men in multiple locations across the city. By offering innovative programs and services in a non-judgmental environment, we are creating a community for all through acceptance, compassion and care.
This position is for our Hope Living Residence, located at 145 Castlefrank Road, in Kanata. Reporting to the Manager of Hope Living, this role provides food services to the residents living at this housing program.
- Prepare meals as determined by the menu.
- Ensure all food service functions are performed in a clean and sanitary manner according to regulatory and organizational standards
- Assist in control of food costs and wastage; make recommendations for more efficient operations
- Inspect food supplies and determine what quantities need to be reordered and communicate information to supervisor.
- Experience in quantity food preparation
- Familiar with the use of commercial kitchen equipment
- Works and adheres to safety policy and procedure guidelines
- Has empathy for the residents of Hope Living
- College diploma (Chef or equivalent; Red seal program) is an asset
- Safe Food Handling Certificate
- Standing up to 3 hours at a time, walking, working in awkward positions
- Wears personal protective equipment or clothing as required by legislation or facility policy
- Able to lift up to 25kg
- Able to read text and communicate orally in English
- Ability to communicate in other languages is considered an asset.
Shepherds of Good Hope is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of our clients, residents, employees and volunteers, including those with disabilities. Please inform if you require accommodation through the hiring process and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: From $17.84 per hour
All staff are required to be fully vaccinated. PPE provided on site.
START DATE: 08/01/2022