EMPLOYER: Canadian Tire, Bells Corners (Store 272)
We are looking for a talented automotive apprentice to join our company. You will be responsible for inspecting customer vehicles, diagnosing problems with the engine or other systems, performing routine maintenance, and completing necessary repairs. Candidates with more than one year of mechanic experience are preferred, but we are willing to train the right person.
Automotive Technician (Apprentice) Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine vehicles based on customer requests or concerns.
- Perform basic maintenance, including changing motor oil, rotating tires, installing tires and checking fluid levels
- Stock and remove automotive supplies, parts and tires from inside warehouse and shop.
- Identify mechanical problems with licensed technician’s guidance, training and oversight.
- Present estimates to customers with an explanation of why repairs are necessary.
- Perform repairs thoroughly and accurately in a time effective manner.
- Ensure customer satisfaction at all times with professional cleanliness and procedures when customer vehicles are entering and/or exiting the shop.
- Clean, sanitize and maintain shop condition to professional standard.
- Follow Health and Safety Guidelines.
Automotive Technician (Apprentice) Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Completion of a postsecondary program in automotive service technology a valuable asset but not required.
- Good team work skills and a willingness to learn and adapt in performing on various different types of year, model, and manufacture of vehicles.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Physical strength and stamina, and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- General knowledge of automotive industry and the applicable tools needed to perform the job.
We are open Monday- Saturday 8-5pm. Closed on Sundays
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $16.50 per hour
We are always following all required procedures and safety measures to ensure the safety of our staff and to our customers.
START DATE: 08/02/2022