EMPLOYER: Convergence Networks
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
An SDA is responsible for providing an unparalleled customer experience by responding to and resolving incoming IT requests and alerts from our customers over the phone, through email, and in person. You will work on a variety of technical issues, from diagnosing network, server, and workstation problems, to thinking outside of the box to find solutions and resolve complex problems. This job operates at a very fast pace, and you must be comfortable handling high volumes of request tickets and phone calls. This position is similar to a Help Desk Analyst or Jr. Network Administrator, and offers many opportunities to advance within Grade A/Convergence.
What do our SDA’s do?
- Your primary responsibility will supporting requests from clients that pertain to user creations and employee turndowns. You will also be answering a high volume of inbound phone calls from clients and performing initial troubleshooting on tickets.
- You will focus on resolving tickets on the first call, but also be able to determine when issue scope requires that a ticket be escalated to a Network Administrator or other support resource.
- Other relevant job duties as assigned.
What skills do I need to be a successful SDA?
- Patience, empathy, confidence, and customer service skills. You will be working with a myriad of businesses, technologies, applications, and personalities.
- Exceptionally strong IT background with a focus on network support, implementation, and remote as well as onsite support.
- Experience with administering current Windows desktop operating systems, Windows server operating systems, Exchange, Office 365, and a variety of backup solutions, routers, firewalls, and virtual/cloud-based technologies.
- Experience using a triaging or priority system to gauge client issues and impact.
- Apple OSX and iOS experience.
- Ability to work effectively within a team as well as independently.
- Understanding of managed services and the value offered over a typical break-fix environment.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) at all levels internally and externally, interpersonal, business management, time management, and developmental skills.
- Skilled at defusing high-stress situations and facilitating resolution to technical problems.
- Willingness to learn, adjust, and grow with our company.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
What are the qualifications I need to have?
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 4+ years of relevant experience which may include Service Desk Support Specialist, Help Desk Technician, Help Desk Analyst, or Tier 2 (or similar) in a tiered environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with IT and related hardware and software components (PCs, laptops, servers, firewalls, switches, routers, hard drives, Windows operating systems, etc.).
- Previous experience providing both onsite and remote/phone support in a fast paced, high volume environment.
Would be awesome if you had…
- Associate’s degree/College diploma or higher in Information Technology.
- Understanding of, and a background in working within the IT managed services provider business model, particularly in an IT support role.
- Experience with ConnectWise, Kaseya, or other similar MSP tools and software.
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure and other Cloud service offerings.
What is the physical work environment like?
- This position requires standing, walking, sitting, using hands, seeing, reaching, talking, and hearing. May need to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How often will I get formal feedback on how well I’m doing?
- Six-month performance reviews, with every second review a performance and salary review.
- Performance review goals will be established between you and your team leader.
Why should you work here?
- Awesome, inclusive corporate culture: We have worked very hard to create a culture of unity, transparency, and trust. Our leadership team wants you to be successful at Convergence, and we will do anything we can to support your personal and professional growth.
- Salary based upon on what you bring to the table.
- Performance based incentives to show us how you can really shine.
- Shared group/health benefits plans, including a retirement plan.
- Education and certification reimbursement is also available so we can help you move up the ranks.
- Flexible schedule to fit your family’s needs.
- Outstanding teammates; we’re very selective to make sure we have the best staff available for you to work alongside!
- Many teambuilding and company events throughout the year so you can get to know your teammates on a more personal level, as well as kick back and have some fun (families are oftentimes included as well).
If this sounds like your type of place and you can wow us with your spectacular skill set, then we would love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite diversity in our applicants; our differences make us stronger! We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates of all races, sexes, colours, religions, sexual orientations, disabilities, ages, and gender identities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all stages of the selection process.
START DATE: 08/22/2022