At Jack.org, we support a national network of young leaders as they work to revolutionize mental health in their communities. While COVID-19 has surely impacted the way that we do things, our work is not slowing down. Our network of thousands of young people across Canada are as busy as ever, and our staff of 87 humans and 3 dogs are working just as hard - albeit from the comfort and safety of their own homes for the time being!
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Program Coordinator, Summits is responsible for the planning and execution of a portion of the Regional Summit program and serves as a key member of the National Summit planning team.
In this role, you will help oversee the regional youth planning team members and network reps and guide them through a meaningful and engaging experience co-creating Jack Summit offerings. You will also contribute to the overall success of the Regional and National Jack Summits and help ensure these events are carried out in a way that aligns with organizational goals, objectives and targets.
In this role, you will be:
- Coaching youth organizing teams through planning and running mental health summits of varying sizes and scope (deciding on programming, facilitation, onstage role preparation, etc.)
- Researching and reaching out to organizations, speakers and experts that align with youth-identified themes and organizational goals and incorporate them into summit programming
- Ensuring all back-end logistical tasks are completed and/or moving along (application and registration process, swag delivery, travel and accommodation, etc.) for each summit event
- Assisting with evaluation of the program, ensuring the program continues to grow and evolve
- Providing administrative support to youth teams and Jack.org staff summit team (e.g. note-taking and consolidating, slide deck, email template and form creation, meeting booking and running, resource and asset creation, maintaining CRM data integrity)
- Providing support to the Programs Manager, Summits and other Summit team members with programming (e.g. researching and recommending keynote speakers, workshop topics, and other core content pieces) and support outreach and communication efforts
- Working closely with Program Coordinators to collaborate on summits taking place in the regions they oversee
- Collaborating with other members of the Jack.org team around marketing, swag, communications, content, and programming, as well as ensuring these updates are shared back with the rest of the team
- Attend summits and assume different key roles at summits, as required
We are looking for someone who has:
- Strong proficiency in French (written and verbal), bilingual
- A solid understanding of the importance of linguistic equity
- Experience working with diverse equity-seeking groups, Indigenous communities in particular
- Has demonstrated events experience; highly organized, able to juggle lots of details and deadlines, and knows how to stay calm and problem-solve as issues arise
- A strong relationship-builder. Experience with coaching, mentoring and/or motivating youth
- Experience with onstage and backstage priorities of event planning, public speaking, programming, and logistics
- A quick learner with strong technical skills; can smoothly navigate multiple tools and platforms
- Understanding of how mental health and advocacy intersect with other key social issues; familiarity with the social determinants of health
- A passion for innovation and impact; a keen interest in researching and exploring new opportunities to enhance the Summit experience through different tools and avenues (e.g. hybrid event platforms)
- Experience with and commitment to applying equity, diversity, and inclusion principles to work and workplace
- Flexibility and availability to occasionally host meetings or events in the evenings or on weekends (in lieu of time provided)
We would love it if you had (Ideal, but not a must):
- Familiarity with Jack.org programming and/or experience with the development of content or programming
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift boxes and other items up to 40 lbs as part of event load-in and load-out
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Canvas, Asana, Qualtrics, Form Assembly, Slack and/or Google Workspace
What’s in it for you?
- A full-time, permanent position; $45,000 - $50,000 per annum (base salary)
- A comprehensive benefits package, including $2,000 annual coverage for mental health services, available from the first day on the job
- Working for an organization that supports personal and professional development and that will invest in your growth
- A flexible, trust-based culture: we offer uncapped sick days and flex hours
- A fun, exciting environment filled with an amazing group of driven, talented people (check us out)
- In addition to vacation allowances, we offer a winter and summer office closure so that we can all recharge simultaneously
- A chance to contribute to the growth of an aspirational, well-funded organization and make a significant impact on the mental health and well-being of young people across Canada
How to apply:
If you’re the person we’re looking for, apply with your cover letter and resume (PDF format preferred). We will consider applications as they come in, so don’t delay! The successful candidate must be available to start early in September.
Our staff team works remotely, with most staff returning to hybrid work at our Toronto office when possible. For the uniqueness of this position, we welcome candidates based anywhere in Canada for remote work.
At Jack.org, we are dedicated to inclusion and collaborative work! We strongly believe that having a diverse team with various skills and abilities will inspire creativity and drive innovation in our organization. We are committed to building a team representative of different backgrounds and perspectives, and we encourage applications from all candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada.
I don’t meet all the job requirements; should I still apply? - Absolutely! Transferable skills are always considered in our recruitment and selection process; make sure you write specific descriptions and provide clear examples of how your experience will translate to this opportunity.
Reasonable accommodations are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process. Accommodation requests can be made by contacting email@example.com.
Thanks for applying!
START DATE: 09/20/2022