Warehouse Worker – Fixed Term Position (April through to January, with the ability to accommodate a shorter term based on your personal commitments)
The LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) is an Ontario government enterprise and one of the world’s largest buyers and retailers of beverage alcohol. Through more than 660 retail stores, catalogues, e-Commerce, special order services, close to 400 LCBO Convenience Outlets, which provide cost effective, convenient, and socially responsible access for rural consumers, and as wholesaler to almost 450 Grocery stores, the LCBO offers more than 28,000 products annually, from more than 80 countries to consumers and licensed establishments.
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment that prioritizes safety, speed, accuracy and passion? This is a perfect opportunity for you. Millions of people rely on the LCBO to provide them with safe and enjoyable alcoholic beverages. You would be joining a dedicated team that distributes orders to the Retail Stores and communities.
We are hiring Fixed Term Warehouse Workers to join the outstanding team in our Retail Service Centre facility located at 1980 Bank Street, Ottawa, Ontario. We are looking for hardworking and dedicated individuals who are committed to showing up and getting the job done right. Above all else, we love Warehouse Workers who don’t mind lifting heavy things!
What you will be doing:
- Select, assemble, and prepare pallet orders for customers in a timely manner.
- Operate Material Handling Equipment (MHE training will be provided)
- Physically able to load and unload cases of beer, wine, spirits, and cider that weigh between 40 lbs (18 kg if you prefer the metric system) and 60 lbs (27 kg).
- Required to stand for lengthy periods of time with repetitive movement such as reaching, bending, twisting, and walking.
- Cleaning up accidental spills, stuff drops on occasion; we all pitch in to be safe.
- Manually unload cases of product from containers and trailers.
LCBO has shifts for everyone!
- Afternoon, evening, and occasional weekend shifts allow you to find the right schedule for your life.
- Afternoon and evening shifts provide opportunities for you to work another job, be with family and/or have time for school studies.
- Provided with PPE (Eye protection, gloves, hearing protection, dust mask)
- Day shift (8:00am – 4:00pm) (MHE Training takes place)
- Afternoon shift (4:00pm – 12:00am)
- Midnight shift (12:00am – 8:00am)
What we ask of you:
We encourage students, people who have the ability to work a second job or are currently out of work to apply. We welcome all types of workers who have the ability to be successful in an active warehouse environment!
You are required to complete a criminal record check that is paid for by the LCBO.
Must be detail oriented, understand, and follow instructions.
You should be fluent in English, as well be proficient with numbers.
Reasons you would love to join the LCBO:
- Great employer: LCBO has been recognized as one of Canada’s 2022 Top 100 employers.
- Earn more:
- The hourly rate is $16.58 requiring payment of union dues (1.3% of gross)
- You’ll also receive 4% of gross earnings in lieu of vacation.
- We pay you for 4 hours of online training!
- CSA Approved Safety Footwear reimbursement.
- LCBO paid background check.
- Career Development: If you want to continue learning and gaining experience, we provide 24/7 access to over 2000 videos and classes to help you.
- Staying active and healthy: Much of your shift will have you active and working at a fast pace.
- WorkPerks: Offers discounts on sports and fitness equipment, mindfulness apps, healthy meals and more.
- Lifeworks: Offers a wide range of free, confidential, and voluntary support services to assist you and your family with resolving everyday challenges, complex issues, and everything in-between.
- Help plan your future: Option to contribute into our define benefit pension plan, your contributions will be matched at 100%.
- Provide for communities: Dividend of 2.2 billion used to improve infrastructure and 3.3 million to COVID-19 funds.
- Spirit of Sustainability: Through SoS, we’re committed to driving meaningful change in our communities, leading the industry in sustainable practices, and taking better care of the planet
- All for the good of Ontario.
- Been able to divert 85% of our companies waste away from landfills.
- Reducing 1260Kg of CO2 emissions
- Over 13.6 million raised in charitable funds to support the health and well-being of Ontarians.
Working Safely During COVID-19
The safety of our employees is our top priority and even more important during these difficult times. Please note that the Ottawa Retail Service Centre has implemented the following measures to address COVID 19:
- Full Vaccination is required as a condition of employment
- Employees are required to wear a face mask at all times
- There are cleaning and sanitization protocols in place in our facility.
- Hand washing stations and hand sanitizer are available throughout the warehouse.
- There is social distancing signage in the warehouse as well as floor decals.
- We have implemented crowd control measures.
- We will continue to work closely with public health units to maintain the most effective protocol.
Please submit your resume via Workday by 11:59pm on the deadline date:https://lcbo.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/LCBOCareerSite/job/Ottawa-Ontario/Fixed-Term-Warehouse-Worker_JR0000008001
The hiring process includes, but is not limited to, an online application, a general aptitude test, and a simulated work environment exercise. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for the next step in the process will be contacted.
Diversity and inclusion matter at the LCBO. If contacted for an interview, please advise if you require accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
There is a world of opportunities at the LCBO…
Join an organization where you can be challenged while achieving your true potential. A place where you can make a positive impact supporting Ontario business and communities. Discover a safe, healthy, diverse, inclusive, and accountable workplace where your wellbeing is our top priority. At the LCBO, your contributions are respected and valued. Be part of our journey as we invest in people and technology to transform an organization. There really is a world of opportunities at the LCBO.
The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
START DATE: 08/22/2022