EMPLOYER: dominKnow Learning Systems
AWS System Administrator
dominKnow Learning Systems (www.dominknow.com) is a leader in the eLearning field, providing international clients with proven cloud software (SaaS) solutions, professional services, and custom content development.
Based in our Kanata offices, we are looking for an AWS System Administrator who will assist in designing, implementing, managing, and monitoring the development and production infrastructure. Demonstrated hands-on experience working with AWS is required in this role. The qualified candidate will also collaborate with other team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
- Manage production cloud environments (VMware/AWS)
- Manage internal development environment
- Develop and maintain automation of repetitive tasks
- Perform daily system tasks (review of logs, monitoring, backups etc.)
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure and services
- Evaluate, deploy and review infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions
- Deploy and manage tooling (monitoring, logging, reporting, security)
- Application performance testing and analysis
- Automated and manual application security testing.
Experience & Skills Proficiency:
- 3+ years related hands-on experience
- Demonstrated hands on AWS work experience is mandatory; AWS certification is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to build and monitor production servers and services
- Demonstrated experience creating and updating CloudFormation templates, creating, monitoring, repairing CloudWatch/CloudTrail monitors
- Demonstrated experience creating and managing ElasticBeanstalk, EC2, S3 environments
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Apache, MySQL, NGINX, etc.
- Windows and Linux servers in physical and virtualized environments
- Network and management tools such as Nessus, Zabbix, ipMonitor, SIEM tools & Database Performance Analyzer
- Managing and deploying web applications and servers in PHP or ColdFusion
- PowerShell and task scripting
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages
- Familiarity with load balancing, firewalls, etc.
- Experience working with other virtualization technologies, such as VMware
- Proven troubleshooting skills & techniques
- Microsoft 365 administration
- Experience with Git or Mercurial.
To be considered for this position, you currently live in the Ottawa area or are planning to relocate to Ottawa. You must also have existing government authorization to live & work in Canada. Applicants currently not living in Canada will not be considered.
Why join our team?
With more than 20 years in the business and our learner-centric approach to authoring award winning software for content development, every team member really does make a difference.
At dominKnow, our professional and technical standards are high, but we do it in a comfortable fun work environment with flexible hours, a casual dress-code where there is a great work-life balance.
Our employee social committee organizes fun events!
We thank all applicants for their interest in dominKnow Learning Systems; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
dominKnow is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Please note that dominKnow is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act, 2005, and has policies in place to accommodate candidates with disabilities during the selection process. Should you require accommodation or have a question regarding any of these policies, please contact us.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Our team are currently working from home, all employees have been briefed on detailed written workplace safety guidelines. Our employee joint health & safety committee are assisting in maintaining day-to-day awareness to ensure everyone's safety.
START DATE: 09/12/2022