EMPLOYER: Home Instead
Do you love helping people? Are you ready to be part of an awesome team?
Home Instead is looking for CAREGivers to care for our clients all over the Ottawa area. We are looking for honest, hardworking, and compassionate individuals. We offer free online courses, paid training, flexible hours (days/evenings/overnights), a friendly administrative team supporting you 24/7, and monetary incentives.
During these challenging times, we prioritize your safety and your client's safety by performing daily Covid-19 screenings and by providing you with all the PPE necessary.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Companionship and conversation
- Light housekeeping tasks and meal preparation
- Medication and appointment reminders
- Mobility assistance
- Alzheimer's and dementias care
- Ability to care for seniors and treat them with dignity and respect
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly manner
- A valid criminal background check (completed in the last 3 months)
- Possess a valid driver's license and valid auto insurance (only required if driving clients)
- No previous experience necessary - skills training can be provided by Home Instead*
Looking forward to working with you!
Find out more about this fulfilling career opportunity at homeinsteadottawa.ca
- Assisting clients with personal hygiene and getting dressed
- Assisting clients with housekeeping or other daily errands
- Providing companionship and emotional support
- Observing and reporting on changes in the health or status of the client
- Taking vitals, height, and weight
- Preparing food and feeding clients
- Responding to emergency situations
- Assisting clients with rehabilitative exercises
START DATE: 09/02/2022